Thread: First hammock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First hammock

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum but I just wanted to say that so far, I love my Trek Light Double. I got it to see if I could be comfortable in a hammock over night. So far, it's been incredible. The hammock is perfect for my relatively tall body (6' 2"). Even with my girlfriend and I both in it, there was no creaking or groaning. I feel totally comfortable with this hammock. The only bad thing is I think because of this hammock, I'm going to be buying a lot more hammock equipment...

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    LLG-Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Welcome and glad you liked it. It is definitely an addiction and yes, you will be buying more gear!

Hammock
    Trek Light Double
    Tarp
    V9 Strong Tarp
    Images
    Welcome and thanks for the support! There's an awesome community here and I'm always directly available as well if there's anything I can do to help you out. Happy Hammocking!
    --
    Seth Haber
    Trek Light Gear | Founder, CEO
    p: 720.446.2854
    w: treklightgear.com
    Feel Good. Do Good. Pass It On.

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by TrekLightGear View Post
    Welcome and thanks for the support! There's an awesome community here and I'm always directly available as well if there's anything I can do to help you out. Happy Hammocking!
    I was out in Boulder about 3 weeks ago. Wandering around the street mall, I came across your cart! Bought your backpack (3 oz). What a perfect day hiker pack for peak bagging and just general use. Also have your gear loft which I love! Great products!
    John aka Suede

Hammock
    WBBB / Trek Light
    Tarp
    Squidbilly custom
    Insulation
    Jarbidge,UGQ TQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/strap
    Images
    Yup that was my first hammock as well. I have two now and have not found a reason to buy a more expensive brand. You will soon find that the only bad thing about sleeping in that hammock is that it is the most affordable part of a whole hammock setup. Welcome to the hobby. Get out out your checkbook.
    I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

-Albert Einstein

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incub&Sierra Sniv
    Suspension
    Stock WB straps
    Even if upgrading to something later, they are great to have in the car for lounging or a spare.

Hammock
    Trek Light Double
    Tarp
    V9 Strong Tarp
    Images
    Love to hear it - thanks Suede! Hope you had a great time in Boulder, don't hesitate to stop by TLG HQ and say hello next time you're in town!
    --
    Seth Haber
    Trek Light Gear | Founder, CEO
    p: 720.446.2854
    w: treklightgear.com
    Feel Good. Do Good. Pass It On.

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by TrekLightGear View Post
    Love to hear it - thanks Suede! Hope you had a great time in Boulder, don't hesitate to stop by TLG HQ and say hello next time you're in town!
    I most definitely will!
    John aka Suede

Quote Originally Posted by Onlylikesblades View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum but I just wanted to say that so far, I love my Trek Light Double. I got it to see if I could be comfortable in a hammock over night. So far, it's been incredible. The hammock is perfect for my relatively tall body (6' 2"). Even with my girlfriend and I both in it, there was no creaking or groaning. I feel totally comfortable with this hammock. The only bad thing is I think because of this hammock, I'm going to be buying a lot more hammock equipment...
    Hey There I'm quite New here as well and looking to try my first hammock soon and glad to see such a awesome exerience of Trek Ligh Double maybe I would go and give it a try.

I'm late to the party but I've been reading through the forums during quarantine. My Trek Light hammock was what got me into hammocking, and although I now use other, dedicated camping hammocks, I leave my Trek Light at my parents' house because it's much more comfortable to sleep in than the guest room bed when I'm visiting. I hope you've enjoyed your hammock the last couple of years!

• + New Posts