Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    If you do a RL, make it above the tarp rather than under for the reasons mentioned above, if doing one over you just want to make sure the ridgeseam/binding of the tarp is fully tight, sometimes the tension can go onto the ridge cord leaving the ridge seam of the tarp loose, try to avoid this. For easy setup using line from the end of the tarp to the tree only, check out Dutchware Flyz or Stingers, they make it super easy to adjust the length of the line.

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie/Sub'Kilo
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Do you recommend a particular kind of line for ridgeline and tie-outs? Shock cord anywhere to compensate for fabric stretching?
    Add life to your years!

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubahhh View Post
    Do you recommend a particular kind of line for ridgeline and tie-outs? Shock cord anywhere to compensate for fabric stretching?
    I use lash-it with stingerz for the ridgeline and nite ize reflective cord with lineloc 3's for the tie outs...works great...I do use shock cord on the doors of my superfly to aid in entry and exit when they are closed off

Hammock
    WBBB's
    Tarp
    UGQ, WB, OES
    Insulation
    UGQ UQs/TQs
    Suspension
    Straps/Carabiners
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    If you do a RL, make it above the tarp rather than under for the reasons mentioned above, if doing one over you just want to make sure the ridgeseam/binding of the tarp is fully tight, sometimes the tension can go onto the ridge cord leaving the ridge seam of the tarp loose, try to avoid this. For easy setup using line from the end of the tarp to the tree only, check out Dutchware Flyz or Stingers, they make it super easy to adjust the length of the line.
    Awesome, Dutch clips and flyz already arrived to try two lines to the tarp. I may even try them with my Superfly before the Edge arrives. Thx,

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL Lefty
    I have had my SF go through a few bad storms including one with sustained winds of 35mph gusts to 45. I tie from the ends as noted above by OB and WB's video and the grosgrain as stitched by Brandon held up fine.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I've been setting my BMJ up tight like a snare drum for 2 years now. No issues whatsoever using the rings on each end with some Zing-it.

Hammock
    WBBB1.1DL
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    WS
    I'm new to the scene so I can understand OPs concern...

If you look the Brandon's superfly setup vid @ 2:15 where he has 3 to 1 leverage and is applying tension to the tarp.

It appears as if tension is applied to the stitching. Regardless of how strong the grosgrain is the stitching runs the length of the ridgeline this tension could possibly cause a little loosening of the stitching and maybe a leak? Then seam sealing would be required... etc etc

I'm sure the stitching & grossgrain is super strong and well stitched. The odds of a problem arising from tying to each end of the tarp are probably really small. But I can totally understand it being a psychological problem. Hanging the tarp from a rl w/ prusiks will put us obsessive thinker types at ease lol
    She'll be right mate

Hammock
    WBBB's
    Tarp
    UGQ, WB, OES
    Insulation
    UGQ UQs/TQs
    Suspension
    Straps/Carabiners
    Quote Originally Posted by kwiktech View Post
    I'm sure the stitching & grossgrain is super strong and well stitched. The odds of a problem arising from tying to each end of the tarp are probably really small. But I can totally understand it being a psychological problem. Hanging the tarp from a rl w/ prusiks will put us obsessive thinker types at ease lol
    ^^^^^...THIS, EXACTLY...^^^

I have actually watched this a few times before, but just couldn't get past the stress I imagined on the tarp. Visions of creeping threads, progressive leaks, or total fabric shear under wind loads won't leave my mind. Call it the conservative engineer in me, that I don't like to gamble with expenditures, or just good old fashioned paranoia. My Edge is due to arrive any day, so I'll start stringing that from either end and work my way up to trying it with the Superfly on faith and trust.

Hammock
    WBBB1.1DL
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    WS
    Paranoia yeah that's it hahaha...

I like this method only because you get the V and can happily sit n swing without the hammock suspension interfering with the tarp. Getting to use Dutch's gizmos is a bonus lol

She'll be right mate

Hammock
    WB XLC, Dutch Netless, HH Exp mod,
    Tarp
    HG WP3, WBSF, HHex
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies, buckles
    Images
    I've used both continuous under the tarp CRL with prussicks and a double line off the snap rings on my SF. Both systems work great. It's a little easier to get tension with the double line system but I really like the convenience of having the CRL under the tarp to hang items on. The ridge seam of the tarp will not perfectly align with the CRL due to cut of the tarp, but this is not a big deal IMO.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast