Kind of new to hanging....

I've owned and used a cheap (but netted) hammock for a few years and really enjoyed it but I really wanted to step it up a notch. The wife and I had bought a couple of Grand Trunk Skeeter beaters and really liked them for the most part but my butt got cold last year on a 6 day canoe trip to Quetico. Because of all the discussion on this forum and a very quick response by Brandon (I had to find out which would be better to hold up my 6', 240# frame) to an email I sent last weekend, I ordered a double layer Ridgerunner and a Spindrift a few minutes ago. I can't wait to try it out!

I already owe a huge "Thank you" for all of you who have posted about your experience with the Warbonnet hammocks. I can't wait to give a hang and let everyone know about my experience!

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Franceasaurus View Post
    I've owned and used a cheap (but netted) hammock for a few years and really enjoyed it but I really wanted to step it up a notch. The wife and I had bought a couple of Grand Trunk Skeeter beaters and really liked them for the most part but my butt got cold last year on a 6 day canoe trip to Quetico. Because of all the discussion on this forum and a very quick response by Brandon (I had to find out which would be better to hold up my 6', 240# frame) to an email I sent last weekend, I ordered a double layer Ridgerunner and a Spindrift a few minutes ago. I can't wait to try it out!

I already owe a huge "Thank you" for all of you who have posted about your experience with the Warbonnet hammocks. I can't wait to give a hang and let everyone know about my experience!

Nice upgrade, you wont be sorry with the rr , big change from a skeeter beeter, enjoy it and let us know what you think of it after you give it a try..

Hammock
    Dream Hammock - Darien
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    100% UGQ
    Suspension
    Web'g
    Like Zilla said....Nice Upgrade. I know of several folks that have the WBRR, and they only have great things to say of it. Definitely give us feedback. Cheers!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Excellent choice! If I may make a suggestion.........call branden back and ask him to add a second door to your spindrift-I'm sure its not too late! (I have heard he charges $25 to do so?) The second door will make a world of difference how your spindrift ventilates/prevents condensation etc--------makes it so much more versitile! Heres a link showing the double doors---except he went the extra mile and added bug netting too! https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=79241 I had lots of condensation issues with my spindrift before I added the second door-----now its my go to hammock set up-------love it!
    Last edited by stevebo; 03-12-2014 at 11:18.
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Thanks Stevebo, I had read enough about them that I ordered that option minus the bug netting. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know about that. Love your quote btw!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    No problem! (FYI, the spindrift has saved my butt several times---even on a cold windy night, you will stay nice and warm! )
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx UQ.top varies
    Suspension
    adj web straps
    Welcome from nj
    No Farmers...No Food

Hammock
    Clark nx 250, WB xlc 1.7dbl,WB rr d
    Tarp
    OMW, vertex
    Insulation
    incubator0,phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopie,atlas,web
    Welcome from Philly, the rr is my favorite hammock.
    When I was a kid the only time we were in the house was to eat and sleep.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    RR = best nights sleep ever.

Hammock
    WB, JRB, WL
    Tarp
    bigger is better;)
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, UGQ, WL
    Suspension
    If it aint Dutch..
    Images
    RR indoors- full time for me during the last year.
    - Loki my videos
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.
    Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.
    The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy,
    while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn." — John Muir

• + New Posts