Hammock
    DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Costco down throw
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    says 90 inches long between the bar.... that is still under 10 feet. I was thinking if you could make a long long relatively wide bridge hammock, say a deck of around 60 inches (5-6 feet of material width), and 12 feet between the bars; 144 inches or so? would it be more...comfortable for two people to lay relatively side by side but slightly overlapping? it'll be a humongous bridge hammock though, and may not be easy to find two trees over 20 feet apart and set up so that you have the right sag but the right length...

Hammock
    Tablecloth w/ fronkey net
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    TUCKuilt, pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    I was wondering if one could just make a triangular two person hammock with a spreader bar at one end to attach to one tree and have them converge to a single point at the other end attached to a second. Sort of like a Vertex with a spreader bar. The bridge aspect would be abandoned...but...hmmm...just a brainstorm idea.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    BigWheel Custom UQ
    Suspension
    Strap/Biner/rings
    So how easy/hard would it be to make one of these? My SO and I are doing two-up in a Deep Jungle XL which allows for hugging and creative load testing, but is fairly forcibly close, and in very warm weather or after being caught in a rainshower can be quite uncomfortable. Part of this is going to be addressed through a larger rainfly than the stock assym one to provide a place to towel off before climbing in, but I'd like something more ...generally habitable. The Clark Vertex aside from being expensive, is heavier than I want to carry, and still doesn't address the times when proximity is desired. ;-) I have no intention of becoming a ground dweller, so I'm still looking at options. Your double looks pretty great!

Has any more been done with this? Its awesome just what I have been looking for. Not sure I can pull off making it though.

As for myself, No. In fact, now that I am single, I don't know how I can call myself dblhmmck. I tried and failed. Somebody grab this torch before it burns my hand!

You can still call yourself dblhmmck. You are an innovator of a great prototype. I have been looking for something just like you came up with. Yours looks better than any commercial double I have seen. You will find someone to continue testing it with. Thanks for sharing this.

Love the Idea and design. thanks for your innovation. Magic Tad

Quote Originally Posted by MagicTad View Post
    Love the Idea and design. thanks for your innovation. Magic Tad
    I am glad that you found inspiration from this project, MagicTad. Thanks for reviving this old thread, as it does bring back good memories for me. However, I abandoned the development of a double hammock, and I mostly hike alone these days. But I did use this double hammock on a six night backpacking trip years ago, so it is a feasible option.

A lot of couples have made comments about searching for a double hammock. I would like to see the recessed spreader bar advancements being applied to a double bridge hammock, because getting a double bridge under a tarp is a pretty big challenge.

Lately, I have focused more on a light-weight solo solution,Semi Gathered Bridge hammock.
    Last edited by dblhmmck; 11-11-2016 at 01:58.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456