Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL UQ
    Originally Posted by PappyAmos View Post

The question comes to mind though, has anyone had one or more coyotes actually come into their camp or bother them directly in some other way?

Pappy

I had a coyote nudge my hammock one summer night at Mount Rogers. We'd been out for a few days so I'm sure he was trying to figure out what that terrible smell was. I growled at him and he ran off without looking back. Still don't know why I growled, but it seemed like the thing to do at the time.

We were at sipsey last year and just come down off the 204 and setting up camp when my buddy knocked my open package of mountain home lasagna with meat sauce off the table rock. We tried to clean it up best we could but I just knew the critters would come looking for it after dark. We settled in and i drifted off to sleep until my buddy said " you here those coyotes?" Bout that time they started yipping and my buddy says, sounds like they getting closer. Alls I had was a dang pocket knife and slept with one eye open until day started to break. We never saw them, but they sounded like they were just across the creek.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123