Thread: Hammeck Netted

Hammeck Netted

I've been looking for a hammock exactly like this for months:

10 feet long
    Double layer silnylon
    Integrated bug net with "topless" mode
    Structural ridgeline
    Whoopie slings

Other vendors sell these for a very high price, over $200. Seems like a lot of guacamole for a hammock + bug net. I would definitely not be happy always having the bug net folded halfway over the ridge line like the Blackbird. I already have a military bug net (huge), and I made a HUG which is okay, but you can't beat the clean design of the zippered bug net.

Double layer is key because I use pads with temps over 45F. It also helps keep bugs off.

This hammock is for summer backpacking in the high Sierra Nevada. Mosquitos can get pretty bad near meadows and rivers at sunset.

If I was to forgo the topless bug net mode, the best choice below $200 is the Jungle hammock by Mosquito Hammocks for $120. Unfortunately, it is made of heavier materials, it's too narrow (48"), doesn't have whoopies, etc.

So when I came across the Hammeck Netted for $130 including shipping I had to jump on it. It even includes tree straps and toggles. I was hoping for 1.1 silnylon, but it was only available in camo which I don't use, so I ended up with 1.9 in forest gray. Although 1.9 is a few oz heavier, it is bullet proof and helps keep off the bugs.

I strung this up last night and got in. I immediately got comfortable, played around with the bug net (no bugs here). You do have to stretch a bit to get the zipper over the ends. I put the bug net away, fell asleep, woke up hours later when raccoons went by. Hours later woke up when the rain fell. I pulled the tarp over, next thing I know it's sunlight. So this is really good.
    Last edited by dakine; 02-20-2014 at 11:33.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by dakine View Post
    I've been looking for a hammock exactly like this for months:

10 feet long
    Double layer silnylon
    Integrated bug net with "topless" mode
    Structural ridgeline
    Whoopie slings

Other vendors sell these for a very high price, over $200. Seems like a lot of guacamole for a hammock + bug net. I would definitely not be happy always having the bug net folded halfway over the ridge line like the Blackbird. I already have a military bug net (huge), and I made a HUG which is okay, but you can't beat the clean design of the zippered bug net.

Double layer is key because I use pads with temps over 45F. It also helps keep bugs off.

This hammock is for summer backpacking in the high Sierra Nevada. Mosquitos can get pretty bad near meadows and rivers at sunset.

If I was to forgo the topless bug net mode, the best choice below $200 is the Jungle hammock by Mosquito Hammocks for $120. Unfortunately, it is made of heavier materials, it's too narrow (48"), doesn't have whoopies, etc.

So when I came across the Hammeck Netted for $130 including shipping I had to jump on it. It even includes tree straps and toggles. I was hoping for 1.1 silnylon, but it was only available in camo which I don't use, so I ended up with 1.9 in forest gray. Although 1.9 is a few oz heavier, it is bullet proof and helps keep off the bugs.

I strung this up last night and got in. I immediately got comfortable, played around with the bug net (no bugs here). You do have to stretch a bit to get the zipper over the ends. I put the bug net away, fell asleep, woke up hours later when raccoons went by. Hours later woke up when the rain fell. I pulled the tarp over, next thing I know it's sunlight. So this is really good.
    Hey Dakine, thanks for the great review! We're really happy you like it!

One thing to clarify... The 1.1oz option we offer is not silnylon, just uncoated 30D MARPAT Woodland. You probably wouldn't want to use silnylon for a hammock as it's not very breathable, and would cause quite a bit of perspiration.
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Traveler
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    With the netty, can you choose between a left or right lay?

Right, I meant 30D instead of sil.

You really hit it out of the park with features, quality, price, and service. I'll be using this hammock a lot.

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    Quote Originally Posted by awilder View Post
    With the netty, can you choose between a left or right lay?
    Browsing the web site shows three options, right (head left and feet right), left (head right and feet left) and universal (with an advisement this may be best for new hangers, but does add more fabric and weight to the hammock).

Cool stuff from the Mecks! Hope you all do well.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    Browsing the web site shows three options, right (head left and feet right), left (head right and feet left) and universal (with an advisement this may be best for new hangers, but does add more fabric and weight to the hammock).

Cool stuff from the Mecks! Hope you all do well.
    This is correct. When you add the Netty to the cart, it will ask you what lay you want, as well as a choice in color of tree straps.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    Quote Originally Posted by meckelangelo View Post
    This is correct. When you add the Netty to the cart, it will ask you what lay you want, as well as a choice in color of tree straps.
    I noted that. I'm strongly considering gifting a fishing/hunting friend with one of the DL Marpat Netty Hammocks. I've placed it into my cart...to torment me!
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    I noted that. I'm strongly considering gifting a fishing/hunting friend with one of the DL Marpat Netty Hammocks. I've placed it into my cart...to torment me!
    Haha! You shouldn't do that to yourself! (I should know, I did the same thing with my HG quilts... Bye bye tax return...)

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    WB adj. webbing
    Thanks for this review! I've been trying to figure out what kind of hammock I should get my hubby... Pretty sure he'd like the integrated bug net, and this price can't be beat!

• + New Posts