DD Jungle
    Tarp
    DD SL
    Insulation
    DD UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie

DD Jungle 2 base layer enroute to Texas

Just ordered a DD Jungle hammock with xl tarp and xl sleeve. Can't wait to try it out on the coast in Texas!!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    It's a great rig for the price :-)

Hammock
    DD Frontline Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp
    Insulation
    Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    I was really glad to see them offer the Jungle Hammock with the 2 base layers. That was my only hold up on ordering this hammock. I hope you enjoy!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    I often regret selling mine. It's a comfortable and quality built hammock.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

I have one and for the price it really cant be beat.
    The quality is great and their customer service is excellent. I was shocked at how fast the shipping was. I think it was 3 days from the time I placed my order to the time it was delivered.

Can I ask what kind of price tag was on it after shipping? I have had my eye on this hammock line for a few years now, but the distributor in Canada doesn't have any in stock, and they are pretty pricey here. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to order directly from DD, and have it shipped to Canada. Then again, the exchange rate may actually cause me to end up broke haha.

Hammock
    DD Jungle
    Tarp
    DD SL
    Insulation
    DD UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    total kit was $289usd i believe shipping was included

Hammock
    DD Camping
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    TAR Prolite 3/4
    Suspension
    S, DC, MSH, W, DR
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadNuke View Post
    Can I ask what kind of price tag was on it after shipping? I have had my eye on this hammock line for a few years now, but the distributor in Canada doesn't have any in stock, and they are pretty pricey here. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to order directly from DD, and have it shipped to Canada. Then again, the exchange rate may actually cause me to end up broke haha.
    Their website looks a bit cluttered, but you can select the country you're browsing from, and then prices shown are all including shipping. Pretty neat :-)
    The hammocks are cool, but I shaved off 210 grams by replacing the standard webbing with whoopies/straps.
    Still getting the hang of it

Yea, the website was cluttered a couple years ago when I first found them while browsing online. If shipping is included, then I'm in a better place than I thought
    I've talked to the owner of the company on a few occasions, just by chance, and that right there is one of the main reasons I'm interested in the brand. What style of hammock are the DD hammocks? I can't find much online as to how they're shaped. I've got 5 kids, and also living on disability, so money is a bit tight. If I could find a similar pattern, I would consider making one, because I can save loads of cash doing it that way, especially since I will have to buy a minimum of 6 hammocks, if I were to start forking out the cash. I've been doing some serious reading the past few days, and making my own seems to be the way to go. I was sold on the DD line when I found that they will hold up to 400-450 pounds, and that was right from the owners mouth. Every hammock I have come across, I seem to be limited to certain models, being 6'5 and now down to 240 pounds from close to 300 at this time last year. I need the double layer, for a mattress, because I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, and my body doesn't do well with lower temperatures, and being in the frozen north, I have to do what I can to keep the chill, and the damp off of me at night. I like the idea of the Hennessy hammocks, but the asym design seems odd to me. I've only ever been on a hammock that was attached to a stand lol.

Hammock
    DD Camping
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    TAR Prolite 3/4
    Suspension
    S, DC, MSH, W, DR
    I have 2 camping hammocks. They are well-built and look sturdy.
    They are double layer with a full-length zipper on one side. I did replace the webbing with whoopies, but I've read that the webbing will do, albeit it being a bit stretchy.
    I got mine for less than 30 euros each, and I think I couldn't build a similar hammock for that price; outdoor fabrics are considerably more expensive here, and I think the full-length zipper alone would cost me 10-15 euros.
    I don't know about Canada, but if I look at prices for fabric in the USA, and if I would use a few patches of velcro in stead of a zipper, I think it would be possible for less. You can get 10 yards of tablecloth for under 30USD. The DD's are relatively short, and I see the taller guys here writing that a 9ft/2.70m hammock is on the short side. A tall and stout gentleman like yourself might want to have a longer piece of gear. Impressive weight loss by the way!
    Still getting the hang of it

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast