Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    depends on season
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I had a great time, other than the key fiasco. Look forward to seeing you all again.

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Well, I made it by for a brief campfire visit last evening! What an awesome place for a hang and what a nice bunch of folks! Sorry I couldn't stay, but had promised my Mama I'd stay at her place Friday night (made it safe and sound and she fed me home cookin').

Help me with names in the photo, pretty please. I, of course, am the good-lookin' one! LOL (plaid shirt)

Thanks to all for the great hospitality last evening!

Rain Man

In the picture L to R: Sitting: Squidbilly's son (max?) and dog Jethro. Standing: Old4hats, Rainman, Cali and LazyBee.

I had a great time and met some wonderful new people. As always, I was a lollygagger.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I had a great time! Raven cliffs is a PERFECT location for a group hang. It was wonderful to feel like an old friend even though I was surrounded by new faces! I'm ready for the next one.

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Had a great time at the Raven Cliffs Spring Hang. It was great to see everyone again and meet some new folks as well. This was my grandson David's first group hang and he had a great time and is looking forward to the next one. It was nice to see Rainman make an appearance even if he couldn't stay long. SwinginIt was missed by all and we hope everything is OK for him and his family. The rain held off until mid morning giving everyone a chance to pack up dry and head for home. Can't seem to post any picture until I figure out this new format. But we did have a great time.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Jackson, Max, Jethro and I want to thank all of you for a great week-end. Y'all welcomed and treated us like old friends. It was a real pleasure to attend your hang, and we can't wait for the next one. And a special thank-you to 4 old hats for the route information: it saved a lot of time, and was a much more pleasant drive.

Oh yeah, if anyone wants one of those fuel bottles I showed you, shoot me a PM.
    Last edited by squidbilly; 03-23-2014 at 16:15. Reason: additions

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Thanks again, Squidbilly, for the wonder gifts you brought. You are an up-cycler extraordinaire.

For those of you interested in making your own stove, this is the link for the Nivea pocket stove: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-Compact-Stove

The other stove instructions are here: . Be careful, they are addictive. I used a 5.5 oz Kern's Peach nectar can (from Wal-mart). It works great with my Fosters pot. You could probably use a red bull can too.

I liked the little Firefly Nano wood stove that G2outdoors(?) demonstrated. It's just the right size to toss into a pack for a backup to an alcohol stove.

And a thank you to Old4hats for keeping us entertained with his stories. He had a good one about roasting a goat for us this time.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    HHDJ JUNGLE XL(2)
    Tarp
    RSBTR & Superfly
    Insulation
    TQ HG20* UQ HG20*
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Finally made it home at 4:30. Rain all the way but no traffic troubles, most Americans do know how to drive in rain. I had a great time. I feel I was due one after 2 nights at 15 degrees in S.C. and 33 degrees and monsoon rain coming in at 30 to 40 mph at Yates Place. Great location, better people to spend time with, and good eats. Oh, and no bear sightings. Much thanks to all the chefs and the people who hung around and helped carry my stuff back to the truck.

I have tried twice to post here today, perhaps this time will work. First off thanks to all who came, and for each of your willingness to pitch in with whatever needed doing. Tons too much food made it there, so this sure isn't a stingy group, and I might add that this includes the new (to us ) folks there. What a true pleasure to sit and visit with folks who I only knew by name only until this weekend, as well as those who have pretty much become "family" (sorry g'pat ) by now. It was a safe time, no accidents, but LazyBee had to leave early, so we hope he is ok. Just about everyone but a few camp watchers did a hike to Raven Cliff falls Sat. morning and had a good time. There were some beautiful examples of new gear to see, notably 2ply's new palace. OXGear did some nice job on that thing, and I believe that it was the best example of custom work I've seen. AND best news of all, there were no bears seen anywhere in the area, YEAH!
    If you prepare for failure you will probably succeed.

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Not really liking this new photo format but here's some pics from the hang

The beginnings of a great Pot Luck Dinner
    camp1.jpg

camp2.jpg

camp3.jpg

The Ox Palace with new internal pole mod
    ox palace.jpg

Buddy snoozing in his sleeping bag
    buddy.jpg

David enjoying his first group hang
    david1.jpg
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    BMJ Spinn.& DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    A good time Friday night (my only one) enjoyed the fire, company and seeing familiar faces and the new ones as well. Rainman, it was nice to finally get to meet you and hope you come and visit us again. My apologies to everyone for not making the rounds to say goodbye Saturday morning as I HAD to get moving towards home as quickly as I could and made it back here in record time. All is well now and I will be watching for the next hang whenever (Ellicott's Rock is always nice) or anyplace else is always a good time with you folks!! I can't wait to hear the stories and what was cooked up for the dinner Saturday night.
    Lazybee

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast