Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    DIY Insulated 3.5 season
    Insulation
    Boreal Beast UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and rings .

Snowshoe training the new pooch .

Recently acquired a great new dog from the shelter . I've been training her to walk with me without a leash for the last couple of weeks . Thought this would be a good time to take her down to the county woods to do some trail hiking since the snows so deep right now it would be a pain for her to take off on a deer trail .
    She did take off a bit but always came back before she got out of sight . I feel really lucky to have such a great new companion .

Hammock
    Clark UL
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    0*Burrow 20*Phoeni
    Suspension
    Whoopi
    Beautiful dog and thats a lot of snow.

Hammock
    HH/SLD/GTUL/DH
    Tarp
    WL BD/MLD UL/OES
    Insulation
    te-wa/KAQ/WL/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies
    great looking pooch! love hiking with my trail buddy aswell.
    check out my youtube channel! Trip Reports and hammock talk. - Creekcrossings Youtube channel

My Blog - Creekcrossings blog

Also check out my Facebook page! - Creekcrossings Facebook page

Hammock
    WWBB
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Images
    Cute pooch boss, but what about resting up for next week?
    Directionally challenged...comicly so.

Not all who wonder are lost...But I'm probably just lost.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Great looking dog, riverjoe. I'm at about the same point in the training of my new trail dog, Freia. We took a nice long walk this afternoon, her first totally off the leash, and she did well, continually coming back to check on me, but just glorying in being free to run. On our regular morning walks she carries her pack (only 7 lbs. for training purposes - more next Fall when her bones are ready), but she stays on a leash when using the pack. A previous trail dog got his pack tangled in a Rhododendron jungle some years back - it took me two days to find him.

It's really nice to think of you enjoying the same sort of things I am right now. I got Freia from the animal shelter in December, and she's learning fast. I think of her training as preparation for backpacking in the coming years, but this is also quality time for us both right now. I'm sure it's the same for you.

Hammock
    DIY Insulated 3.5 season
    Insulation
    Boreal Beast UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and rings .
    Quote Originally Posted by DAD1965 View Post
    Joe teach that dog to pull you and you can go skijoring all the way back to camp up north next winter.
    Hey you made it back . I was really envious last night . I took all my medication and took Maizey out for a walk about midnight . I was thinking of you sleeping in that beautiful snow . How was the postholing . Where's the pics .

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    she's beautiful! I see many miles of hikes in your future with her!
    Debi

Hammock
    DIY Insulated 3.5 season
    Insulation
    Boreal Beast UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and rings .
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Great looking dog, riverjoe. I'm at about the same point in the training of my new trail dog, Freia. We took a nice long walk this afternoon, her first totally off the leash, and she did well, continually coming back to check on me, but just glorying in being free to run. On our regular morning walks she carries her pack (only 7 lbs. for training purposes - more next Fall when her bones are ready), but she stays on a leash when using the pack. A previous trail dog got his pack tangled in a Rhododendron jungle some years back - it took me two days to find him.

It's really nice to think of you enjoying the same sort of things I am right now. I got Freia from the animal shelter in December, and she's learning fast. I think of her training as preparation for backpacking in the coming years, but this is also quality time for us both right now. I'm sure it's the same for you.
    Thanks WV . Is that your dog on your avatar ? Beautiful dog . I felt lucky to get Maizey there were others that also wanted her . I couldn't believe the former owner did not want her back . I might try training her to pull a small pulk to help out next winter camp out . She is really eager to pitch in .

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird or WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Hey RiverJoe,

Great looking pooch. I'm so happy for you. I have a Golden Rescue also. His name is Charlie. He goes hiking and camping with me all the time. He's a real comedian. He's great off leash and comes back on command, either my whistle, voice, or hand command. (That wasn't always the case). It just takes patience.

Best of luck with your new companion. She's beautiful and as she spends more time with you, she'll eventually become like Velcro. Won't want to leave your side.

Here's a pic of Charlie getting ready to hunker down last fall on a quick car camping trip to October Mountain in Western, Massachusetts.

Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    DangerBird Clark North American
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckles/Link
    Congrats to the both of you.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast