Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

FS: Garmont Momentum Snow GTX boots sz 10.5

On the advice of my hiking buddy who has been using these boots for years, I ought bought a pair for a winter trek into the Nicolet later this month... but have found the Garmont just doesn't feel right on my feet. My Vasques work better for me.
    I have worn these on a couple of evening walks around my neighborhood, out to shovel the driveway three times and twice to walk the dog. Trying to break them in and make sure they were all good before heading into the woods.
    Alas, the shape of my feet just don't mesh with these. I really wanted them to fit, as they are really nice boots.

As you can see in the pics, they are in excellent condition. There is a touch of scuffing and some dirt on them, and some flex wrinkles on the right boot from me flexing them by hand trying to get them broken in faster (see 4th pic). No damage though.

Important note: These are the taller "boot" version, not the shorter "mid" version.

$70 shipped Priority USPS continental US
    PayPal only.

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sir_n0thing; 02-08-2014 at 09:43. Reason: Added pics
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    how do they run for size? and how is the arch in them?

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Sizing seems to me to be fairly consistent as far as length. I wear a 10.5 in the Vasque boots, and these are just about the same. Something about the shape just doesn't work for me... some of it has to do with the height of the boot, I don't like the pressure on the back of my lower calf. To be fair, I usually wear a shorter boot so I've never had a chance to get used to this high of a boot.
    Arches seem to be in the "normal/medium" range. I'm not an expert though. Browsing some online reviews, seems to be considered "moderate arch support". Nothing a pair of Superfeet can't fix regardless!
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Ye Olde Bumpe for a price drop...
    $65 shipped.

• + New Posts