Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    Yes, our goal is to keep the MAHHA's fun, fellowshipping (is that a word), relaxing, good vibing (made up word ), family oriented, yummy food eating, socializing event!

Thanks for the colored ticket idea...to be discussed I'm sure!

Donna
    I know, and you all do such a wonderful job and I'm sure tiring time of putting it all together. The fellowship that we all had at Gathland was a huge part of what made it so special, which is something that I hope others feel it still holds as the event has now become what it is. Nothing wrong with where it is now or what it is becoming, just the nature of it all I guess. Glad to be a part of it all.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Well, i noticed at Watoga that there were alot more people at dinner and the raffle then it seemed were at the campsite, but i dont know how many were being slick , if any, but getting your hand stamped at the time you purchase your ticket(s) is a fool proof method, if your stamp wears off you still have your ticket for proof, if you dont have either then you have a problem.
    I am 100% with Donnas hand stamp idea,, the ones involved in all the hard work putting these things together will also have a better piece of mind knowing everyone there has chipped in and not have to worry about- hey, did that guy just show up to eat and hang out for free.
    And if you have someone with a money problem and is short then i am sure someone would try and help them out, but to show up and try to get away on everyone elses donations is wrong and goes against the spirit of our comunnity
    STAMP EM !

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    ALCON, ( All Concerned)

Let's not get too far out on trying to reverse a small issue... No one wants to play line police and spend time stamping hands or checking tickets, or worse turning someone out of the chow line...It takes the fun out of the Hang.

Everyone just need to recognize the cost of blocking entire park camp areas for the weekend, great professional meals, sodas, trucked in fire wood, professional name tags,and some minor reimbursements for the charcoal etc is significant...It is an absolute bargain at $10 for a ticket especially when a ticket has an about an 80-85 percent chance that it will win a prize at the raffle...A raffle that last year had close to $ 2,000 in total prizes, all donated by the vendors and individual contributors, and almost every prize has a retail value between $10 and as much as $300.

Covering the costs and handling the year in advance payment, as well as being good citizens of our chosen advoction by supporting the form, the ATC, The PGFSP museum, Fiends of PGFSP (like all years past) is easily done if everone gets one or two raffle tickets per head in thier group (Families keep it to one per head. Those that can, buy 2 or more)...

Remember, every dollar covers cost or is donated back to our community...And there is an accounting posted in the after action thread each year.

We can keep this easy and fun and in expensive... If everyone plays reasonably.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Sounds reasonable. I will buy two tickets so my dog can have a snack, too.

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Donna here...

Please see the thread I just started with information I didn't want buried in this thread. Find it here... https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...MAHHA-at-PGFST

Thanks!
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks (IGD)
    Images
    Pan's post number 110 should probably go there as well.
    "Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. ... To live only for some future goal is shallow. It’s the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top. Here's where things grow." - Robert M. Pirsig

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PaCampingDad

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by doogie View Post
    Pan's post number 110 should probably go there as well.
    Great idea! Done!
    Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

Donna,

If something should arise (with my condition) after the deadline I will paypal you the funds for whom ever of my family doesn't make it. For me there is unfortunately the reality I could wake up on that Friday morning and not be able to physically get out of bed...but I will let you know should that become reality.
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Donna,

If something should arise (with my condition) after the deadline I will paypal you the funds for whom ever of my family doesn't make it. For me there is unfortunately the reality I could wake up on that Friday morning and not be able to physically get out of bed...but I will let you know should that become reality.
    No Jared...That definitely won't be necessary. You do what you need to do for you and your family without any worry about the funds. That is the last thing you need to worry about! I do hope you can make it...but completely understand if it is best for you to stay home. There will be more hangs to attend!

Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    ENO DN or DIY 11' CS90
    Tarp
    Oware/Speer Winter
    Insulation
    Underquilts.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Images
    I just want to be clear about something: we buy raffle tickets at the hang, correct? It's not a pre-sale sort of situation? I'm don't want to miss out on this action!

• + New Posts
  • Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast