DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by doogie View Post
    You have my permission to go as far as you want with it. I would probably not print them up early since many will be sharing cars...just seems a waste. Probably all that would be needed would be a stack of cards and a marker (so old people like me can read it thought the windshield)
    Ok, I will make them up. I will probably make a 6 per page job and print on some sturdy card stock. If I do 10 pages, that will be 60 cards.. maybe I'll do more. I can easily do this at work with access to one of those big paper cutters and printers that can handle thicker stock paper.
    John aka Suede

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Suede View Post
    Ok, I will make them up. I will probably make a 6 per page job and print on some sturdy card stock. If I do 10 pages, that will be 60 cards.. maybe I'll do more. I can easily do this at work with access to one of those big paper cutters and printers that can handle thicker stock paper.
    You might not need to do that many because we only need to identify the cars that have cars parked in. The first row of cars won't need identified. I don't remember if cars were parked 2 or 3 deep last year. It is of course, up to you! Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    You might not need to do that many because we only need to identify the cars that have cars parked in. The first row of cars won't need identified. I don't remember if cars were parked 2 or 3 deep last year. It is of course, up to you! Donna
    It really won't be any more work. It's no problemo.
    John aka Suede

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Suede View Post
    It really won't be any more work. It's no problemo.
    Great! Thank you for offering to do this. If you have any left over...you are ahead for next year!
    Donna
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I am doing a Post hike Northbound from Pine Grove to the Boiling Springs Area. I will be parking my wheels somewhere around Boiling springs.
    Is there anyone familier with the Boiling Springs area that can advise me a good spot to park my ride on Friday the 25th? I will be ending my hike on Tuesday afternoon the 29th in the boiling springs area. So my wheels will be there for about 5 days.
    The iron works ? The Scott trail center? Somewhere around the childrens lake?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    I have never been in Boiling Springs.
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks (IGD)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    I am doing a Post hike Northbound from Pine Grove to the Boiling Springs Area. I will be parking my wheels somewhere around Boiling springs.
    Is there anyone familier with the Boiling Springs area that can advise me a good spot to park my ride on Friday the 25th? I will be ending my hike on Tuesday afternoon the 29th in the boiling springs area. So my wheels will be there for about 5 days.
    The iron works ? The Scott trail center? Somewhere around the childrens lake?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    I have never been in Boiling Springs.
    You need a permit for overnight parking. My AT guide says to contact the local AT office (I think it is in Boiling Springs) to arrange for overnight parking. The number listed was 717-258-5771
    G...Hawk just did this for our pre-hike and it sounded like they were very nice on the phone, said if she couldn't pick up the permit during office hours they would leave one for her somewhere....I think she spoke with Kelly.
    "Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. ... To live only for some future goal is shallow. It’s the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top. Here's where things grow." - Robert M. Pirsig

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PaCampingDad

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You need a permit for overnight parking. My AT guide says to contact the local AT office (I think it is in Boiling Springs) to arrange for overnight parking. The number listed was 717-258-5771
    G...Hawk just did this for our pre-hike and it sounded like they were very nice on the phone, said if she couldn't pick up the permit during office hours they would leave one for her somewhere....I think she spoke with Kelly.
    Thanks, that's good info.

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Hammecks, WBBBs
    Tarp
    WB Edge+SuperFly
    Insulation
    DIYIXUQ+TQ+SngFit
    Suspension
    webbing, whoOpies
    MML,

I spoke with Kelly, at that number.
    If I was going to get there after or before office hours there is a box that parking permits are left in.

You and I could do the shuttle together. I will be parked at Boiling Springs.
    I am unsure when I will be getting to PGFSP off the trail on Friday.

Otherwise, expect Doogie will shuttle me to pick up my van.

G
    trailname : Distracted By Stone

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks (IGD)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by G...Hawk View Post
    MML,

I spoke with Kelly, at that number.
    If I was going to get there after or before office hours there is a box that parking permits are left in.

You and I could do the shuttle together. I will be parked at Boiling Springs.
    I am unsure when I will be getting to PGFSP off the trail on Friday.

Otherwise, expect Doogie will shuttle me to pick up my van.

G
    Yes, I plan on shuttling both Demeter and G...Hawk to Boiling Springs on Friday whenever we are all set to go.
    "Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. ... To live only for some future goal is shallow. It’s the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top. Here's where things grow." - Robert M. Pirsig

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PaCampingDad

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yes, I plan on shuttling both Demeter and G...Hawk to Boiling Springs on Friday whenever we are all set to go.
    I will be following you guys up to boiling springs in my toaster so that I can drop it off at the iron works lot by Bulger road (with permit), and hitch back with doogie (or whomever), back to PGF. I will be Hiking NB back to Boiler Springs on Sunday.
    Its gonna be great!!!
    Can I hang out the window on the way back to PGF yelling WEEEE WEEEEE WEEEEE ?

John Denver--1943-1997

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast