Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    Hammock
    DIY Insulated 3.5 season
    Insulation
    Boreal Beast UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and rings .
    Just for laughs I decided to document the trail down the hill from the second parking lot . Ill start at the car park .

After parking the car follow the big trail down the ridge to the northeast from the parking lot . Soon you will encounter an old Beech tree that's been all carved up ( about a hundred paces )

Now you will want to leave the trail and walk along the edge of the ridge ,still in a north easterly direction . Soon ( about 25 or 30 paces) you will encounter a small Beech tree that somebody carved a Z on . Ironically that Z sort of depicts the shape of the plummet trail .

As you look over the edge of the ridge you will see an old trail or fire road that slashed down the bluff at a 45 degree angle .You will have to come back to a more westerly direction to follow this trail . In a very short time the trail turns into a gulley as many abandoned trails do so you need to hop up onto the right or north bank of the gulley .
    After about half your descent I noticed this old trail marker ( probabley Mules ) but it might not be there next year .

You will be descending between two gulleys now and when you get near the bottom another gulley will cut across your path . It's not that deep and you need to cross it and head up a small ridge where you will see these twin and a half huge ( over 2 foot diameter ) white pines . I put a soft ball size geode between the pines that I decided I didn 't want bad enough to hump up that hill .

You have been travelling in a north westerly direction untill now but you need to turn right or easterly at the white pines . These pines are in a sort of single file line that marches down to the big creek which Sycamore trail follows . You need to cross that creek and follow it to your right or east until you intersect the little trail that goes to campsight two . You will see a little tee pee symbol with an arrow pointing to campsight two but no number on it . You must turn left on that trail and now your heading almost due north . Within just 20 paces or so you will encounter the sign on Sycamore trail that says Campsight 2 with an arrow . As you all know this is where the trail back to crescent valley begins .

This trail may be known to a lot of you but if you don't know it in wet weather you'd have a hard time scaleing that bluff . Also this trail has been tested by an out of shape 66 year old with a 40 pound pack .
    Last edited by riverjoe; 04-15-2014 at 23:01.

Hammock
    WWBB
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Images

5th Annual Hoosier Hang Prize Drawing

Thanks again to all the Vendors that supported the gear drawing this year!
    Dutchware, 2QZQ, Hammeck, UGQ,and Zpacks

IMAG0279.jpgIMAG0277.jpgIMAG0276.jpgIMAG0278.jpg
    Last edited by HomeMadeHiker; 04-20-2014 at 12:19.
    Directionally challenged...comicly so.

Not all who wonder are lost...But I'm probably just lost.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7MTN
    Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    That last guy sure looks like a rookie!.... Wait... He IS a rookie.

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

• + New Posts
  • Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031