WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    HH Hex 70D rainfly
    Insulation
    3 season Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

Winter is the Worst

Any other full time hangers have issues with temp regulation in the winter when trying to sleep? I have the worst time sleeping during the winter because I get to look forward to waking up every few hours either freezing or sweating. If I was cold last night, I tend to throw on another layer to compensate the next night, but I inevitably wake up sweating. Or I get what happened tonight where the side being hit with the fan was cold, while the other side was literally sweating. As soon as I switch positions, same thing happens to other side. I haven't gotten more than 4hrs of sleep at one time since probably beginning of December. Sorry to go on, but, I can't sleep. I should also mention that March will be my 2 year full time anniversary.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl xlc
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    I assume you're a full time indoor hanger. What type of fabric is you hammock made of?

I've hung in a couple of Brazilian hedgies that are made of more breathable and stretchy woven fabric like cotton or possibly a wool blend. Breath-ability may help with the sweat issue.

If I had to make one suggestion about temp regulation, it would be to get the bottom insulation to do most of the work and let the top be as light as possible.

David

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY SilArgon
    Insulation
    DIY Down/Synthetic
    Suspension
    Line/strap
    Images
    What kind of clothes are you wearing? Maybe if you wore the same (type of) clothes every night, you could use your top cover just to regulate a bit?
    "You'll never get a Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole." Capt. H. P. Crowe, USMC; Guadalcanal, 13 Jan 1943

'I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown

"Everything takes longer once a cat gets involved." sm

Hammock
    11ft Argon 1.6oz, single layer
    Tarp
    Camo SilArgon
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Why would the fan be blowing cold air at you in winter? I would think that it's there to push hot air down from a high ceiling to make the air temperature more even. If it's only blowing cold air, turn it down or off

It sounds like you need to find a way to allow physiology to work better for you. If you're waking up with a sweaty torso then your body's attempt to regulate heat by increasing circulation isn't enough. Reduce clothing and insulation on your arms, legs and feet, and ensure any clothing does not restrict circulation. Increase insulation on your core if necessary.

Banned
    Hammock
    camo ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY BIGCamo winter
    Insulation
    Diy primalofts
    Suspension
    straps, spiders
    I have not slept in it yet but i am converting a bizy to a peapod and have been measuring and cutting in my cold basement. I have been laying in it to make measurements and such. Before i this I tried napping with the hammock, a sol lite pad under neath me and my 32f bag as a top quilt. I felt spots on my back and side while top being very nice.
    Yesterday I can home after work and laid with just the bizy around the hammock and ontop of the pad. I did not have a bag or anything on top of me.
    Point being I was more comfortable throught my body with just the thin peapod then I was with a sleeping bag slung over me.
    Personally I would try making a peapod out of a sheet or light blanket which traps the heat and creates a uniform temp around you. Then add insulation as needed.
    I actually plan to bring the peapod shell with me for insulation factor or should I say uniform temp regulation.
    I do boiler, chiller operation, HVAC and building automation for a large airport so I am in the business of comfort and uniform temp.
    I would attempt the following
    -sheet of some sort sewd into a tube and install a pull cord on each end. One to tightly clinch around the foot section and the top to losely pull around you upper reagon.
    In the summer up north I suffer the same thing when it is the 65-68 temps and I will probably end up using my bizy with a sheet inside for summer sleeping. Again for interior temp regulation.
    IMO

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG TQ,UQ, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies or rings
    +1 Bannerstone, I use a UQ while haging inside and a light fleece blanket on top and it works perfect.
    "I love not man the less, but Nature more."
    Byron

• + New Posts