How's the Z liner for Clark Hammocks, something else?

Hey was just looking at my under quilt options for my NX 250. How is the Clark Z liner? And if not that, has anyone used other quilts under the Clark? Have been thinking if doing a DIY thing too. Is there a good pattern out there that would work good on my NX 250? HELP!

Hammock
    Wbbb, BMBH, Clark nx270, wbrr,
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammockgear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    BB webbing, python
    I have a 250 with the Z-liner. It does a pretty good job down to about 40. I think it is the weakest link in the Clark system. I love the nx 250, especially in cold weather. I almost always add my 3 season yeti to the z-liner and have no problem at all in the low 20s. The weather shield also make a huge difference in the temp inside the hammock. In really cold weather, I sub my 0 incubator and shed clothes and stay very warm.

I hope this helps.

Hammock
    DangerBird Clark North American
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckles/Link
    I have a North American that I have used home made down Z-liner type insulation with as well as an UGQ quilt. While my home made jobies did work I found that they were no where near as neat and convenient as my underquilt. The liners really negated the benefits of having the pockets. I really like to use the pockets myself for keeping gear organized in camp.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Not a lot of response so far. Maybe these sub-forums go unnoticed by many. When I was asking myself the same question about the Z-liner I searched all the posts on the Clark forum that I could find. The Z-liner has a few supporters but it seems that most are not content with them and end up with something else. My feet and legs get cold so I eventually sold my NX and bought a TX so I could use the full length Z-liner. As far as insulation value - I can be comfortable down to 30 and have spent the night in the teens without much problem. That is with the full-length - I have no experience with the individual pads.
    As far as other UQ's - I have not used any other but I think that any quilt in the neighborhood of 46-48" wide would work well.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

I have a north american, I use a hammock gear incubator, it fits like a glove. The under quilt, comes all the way up to the sides. I have been very pleased with fit and comfort.

Hammock
    Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    MEC Reactor 5 pad
    Suspension
    Dutch Woopies kit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bulb View Post
    I have a north american, I use a hammock gear incubator, it fits like a glove. The under quilt, comes all the way up to the sides. I have been very pleased with fit and comfort.
    Please post a pic, we's all love to see how snug it fits. I just got a TX-250 and the next gear purchase or DIY will be an under quilt. Could the Velcro be possibly sewn into the sides of the incubator?
    “Where is there a boy to whom the call of the wild
    and the open road does not appeal?” Baden Powel

Hammock
    Amok Draumr
    Tarp
    OEM
    Insulation
    AHE White Cloud
    Suspension
    OEM

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    TBD
    Insulation
    Rab Quantum
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I had the foot end portion of the Z Liner system on my NX-250, and it worked fine. I really only used it when the weather was really cold, otherwise I would just toss my sit pad down under my feet in the warmer months. I preferred using a 3/4 UQ for the upper end. Most any quality UQ you buy should fit the Clark just fine.
    "I know the feeling - It is the real thing - You can't refuse the embrace!" | "Go n-éirí an bóthar leat."

• + New Posts