I am new to hammock camping, so new I have not done it yet but i will be as soon as spring has sprung. I have camped about every way a person can camp. Laying on the ground, under a rock, in a cave, using a lean-to, tent, camper, trailer, motor home, in a tree house and even out on a limb. I am 50 yrs old and I figure it is time for me to camp in a hammock. Okay with that said back in '84 I was lost in the mountains of Oregon for 5 days, dropped a few feet of snow on me and I got bite with a little frost bite. I don't walk so well anymore but that has not stopped me. In fact this coming summer my 16 yr old son and I are planning a rather long walk, I figure it will take us oh about three months for our walk. With this walk we will hammock camp from here to there. When we make it, oh the celebration it will be and if we don't oh what a great time we will have had trying. You only live once and I have been knocking on that other door over 10 times now. I had better start that hammock camping soon eh. If any of you other hammock campers want to get together and share some stories, advice and what ever else. Lets figure that out together. I think it would be a blast. Don't you?