Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Delux Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Explorer Deluxe
    Images
    I was not aware but I'm familiar with their great products. I exchanged a couple of emails as well and saw a prototype. Looks great. Only concern with the sizes as it is trapezoidal with 220cm long, 70cm wide in foot and 110cm wide in shoulders. In that configuration it is filled with 500g of down.
    Not sure how it works when laying diagonally. Any idea? Perhaps the customised version can be a better option?

Skickat från min SM-G903F via Tapatalk

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    i am not sure too, i went for custom summer uq, 180cm long with 200g of down

Hi

I was wondering if you have any coupons to share for Cumulus or know when they usually have a sale going on...it would be helpful in trying out their stuff

TIA

Hammock
    WB BB DBL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ / Down SB
    Suspension
    WB webbing/buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by kardinal_emilus View Post
    How many of you know, that Rafael /Cumulus/ makes also underquilt for hammocks? I have exchanged several emails with him and he made me custom made underquilt. But he was in this before, as he offered me some of his prototypes. I have one at home now, used several times, and must say wow. I like the pertex much more than argon. It is 180cm long, with 200g of down, pretty sure that its to 0 celsius, and weights 430g. He makes also warmer versions, according to your needs. Mine was 175 eur + 7 eur shipping. Comes with storage bag, and stuff sack for your trip. Amazing service, and amazing job !
    Are you sure that's the same Cumulus?

The company now known as Criterion Sleeping bags in the UK was also known as Cumulus until last year. The Cumulus sleeping bags in this topic are in fact from poland.

I have a Panyam 450 sleeping bag from them. Been loving it so far, although I did find a busted seam after 2 nights of usage. Had to ship my bag back to Poland, but they fixed it under warranty and refunded the shipping!

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    Yes, I mean the polisch Cumulus

Hammock
    DIY 11ft
    Tarp
    Hilleberg UL 10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    How many of you know, that Rafael /Cumulus/ makes also underquilt for hammocks? I have exchanged several emails with him and he made me custom made underquilt. But he was in this before, as he offered me some of his prototypes. I have one at home now, used several times, and must say wow. I like the pertex much more than argon. It is 180cm long, with 200g of down, pretty sure that its to 0 celsius, and weights 430g. He makes also warmer versions, according to your needs. Mine was 175 eur + 7 eur shipping. Comes with storage bag, and stuff sack for your trip. Amazing service, and amazing job !

Its the green one:

That looks really good!

I heard that they were going to roll out hammock specific items, but didn't know that you could custom order them. Though makes sense as my quilt was a custom order of the Quilt 250.

The 250 has been really good both on the ground and in the hammock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    right, their quilts look very good, and custom opiton is a nice bonus. Plus the pertex fabric, its so nice. You can even choose pertex endurance or quantum. On the other side, they dont give them free, you have to pay

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    Eno Profly XL
    Insulation
    Big Agnes QCore SL
    Suspension
    Webbing / Buckles
    Images
    Thanks for the info! I will have to check these out soon...

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    Eno Profly XL
    Insulation
    Big Agnes QCore SL
    Suspension
    Webbing / Buckles
    Images
    Seems very reasonable considering the quality😊 I haven't been able to get an undershirt yet so I might just try one of these out!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Cumulus250+downmat
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Its the green one:

How has the UQ stood up to a year's use?

I can give an update on my 250 TQ after having spent around 10 nights in it during a year, sleeping in tents, cowbow style under the stars and in a hammock. It is rated to around +5C, and I have used it in temps ranging from -6C to +15C, and I have to say that I am very impressed!

The -6C night was a bit cold, but that was probably mostly due to the fact that it is a bit narrow over my shoulders, so that when I put on my thermals and a Houdini hoodie, it became a bit too snug over the shoulders and upper back, resulting in a cold spot or two. But it was definitely not a problem and I slept fairly well all night. However, it should be noted that I am a pretty warm sleeper.

It can also be noted that I am 183 cm, which is pretty spot on the upper length limit, and for those colder nights I would like it to be maybe 5 cm longer, so that I could pull it a bit further up over my neck, to really cinch it down to keep as much heat as possible. It is a rather minor issue, though, that only really bothered me during that very cold night.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, it really shines around +5-15C.

I find the closed footbox to be a bit too deep when sleeping on the ground, leading to difficulties moving around as I would like to, or too warm feet, but it works perfectly in a hammock, where I don't do that much moving around during the night. I am thinking about trying to convince my girlfriend to take over mine, so that I can buy a Cumulus comforter for warmer nights and then buy a really warm and thick closed-footbox quilt for the colder fall/winter nights.

Overall, I must say that I am very pleased and that it is an excellent product. It has also held up well, with no leaking down or any other quality problems. A definite recommendation to any europeans looking for a top-quality top quilt!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast