Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG CF /W Doors
    Insulation
    HG BR50 IB20
    Suspension
    WB Adjustable Susp

Hello from the bayou

Hello fellow hangers. I am a light/Ultralight backpacker from Louisiana who has decided to take to the trees! My motivation is in search of comfort. I am a large guy @ 6'3" and on the heavy side @ 280. Sleeping pads just dont cut it for me. Neoair Zlite was fair at best. The Big Agnes Qcore SL is pretty good but heavy. There is just no Ultralight ground dweller gear that comfortable for a big guy. So a'hanging I will go. I am taking the dive(? or jump) and went all out. I have a habit of going all out. I orders a WB BB-XLC, HG 50 Burrow, HG 20 Incubator and CF tarp with doors. I got Duch Flyz too. Go big or go home, right? The good news is so far I will be dropping about a pound from my pack! I can't wait for it all to come in. I have been lurking for a while and trying to learn as much as I can. That is how I decided on the gear I ordered thus far. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and reading it is one of the highlights of my day!

Take it Easy
    Nick

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Welcome to the forums from SC. Sounds like you have some quality gear coming. Now the wait for it to arrive begins.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG CF /W Doors
    Insulation
    HG BR50 IB20
    Suspension
    WB Adjustable Susp
    Quote Originally Posted by grannypat View Post
    Welcome to the forums from SC. Sounds like you have some quality gear coming. Now the wait for it to arrive begins.
    Thank you. I am enjoying the forum greatly. Now, the wait..... and wait. I dont know why but once I have something on the way to me in the mail I would swear time slows down.

Hammock
    Geaux hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear tq/uq
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    you are starting off big. I think you will enjoy the change. I am a big guy as well and love to be in a hammock. I am in the Baton Rouge area. Welcome and hope to see you on the trail sometime.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Top shelf kit you got coming down your way. Whooooo Buddy.
    Have fun with it all and be patient.
    Get a good hammock hang first. Dail the UQ in. TQ is easy. Tarping is it's own skill and cuben is so light you will think your hand is empty when you hold it.
    Carry forth.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Left Handed WBBB, SB Pro
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY SLS
    Images
    Welcome form next door in MS. You are really going to like that long XLC.
    My ego said, SURE you can.
    Half way in my body said OH NO YOU CAN'T

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

My YouTube

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG CF /W Doors
    Insulation
    HG BR50 IB20
    Suspension
    WB Adjustable Susp
    Thank you all. I am looking forward to it coming in. The WBBB XLC will be here tomorrow! Sadly I will be stalking duck. You know, I have a beard and live in Monroe, LA..... We are going to our fishing camp in Homer this afternoon and I wish my Hammock Gear was here. I would love to try it all our at the lake this weekend.

Now I would like some advice. I got a 50 degree TQ since I plan to summer hike mostly and WHO KNEW Louisiana had a winters! Last year I fried a turkey at Christmas in SHORTS! Since this global warming is kicking in I might need a winter TQ next year. What do you suggest? Another Hammock Gear? Jacks-R-Better? WB? Someone I left out?

Keep it hang'n,
    Nick

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG CF /W Doors
    Insulation
    HG BR50 IB20
    Suspension
    WB Adjustable Susp
    Quote Originally Posted by fgreen32 View Post
    you are starting off big. I think you will enjoy the change. I am a big guy as well and love to be in a hammock. I am in the Baton Rouge area. Welcome and hope to see you on the trail sometime.
    Thank you. I am have had a hard time finding trails in Louisiana. The only 2 I have found and hiked are the Back Bone trail and the Wild Azalea. Are there any more long trails you know of? I end up going to Arkansas to hike.

Hammock
    Geaux hammock
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear tq/uq
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nfarrar View Post
    Thank you. I am have had a hard time finding trails in Louisiana. The only 2 I have found and hiked are the Back Bone trail and the Wild Azalea. Are there any more long trails you know of? I end up going to Arkansas to hike.
    I have found the same. I have just joined the hikelouisiana.org club to learn and experience more good hiking areas. There are a bunch of shorter trails.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nfarrar View Post
    Thank you all. I am looking forward to it coming in. The WBBB XLC will be here tomorrow! Sadly I will be stalking duck. You know, I have a beard and live in Monroe, LA..... We are going to our fishing camp in Homer this afternoon and I wish my Hammock Gear was here. I would love to try it all our at the lake this weekend.

Now I would like some advice. I got a 50 degree TQ since I plan to summer hike mostly and WHO KNEW Louisiana had a winters! Last year I fried a turkey at Christmas in SHORTS! Since this global warming is kicking in I might need a winter TQ next year. What do you suggest? Another Hammock Gear? Jacks-R-Better? WB? Someone I left out?

Keep it hang'n,
    Nick
    Welcome, from Alabama. Can't go wrong with HG. I have a JRB Old Rag Mtn tq-very warm.
    Check out Arrowhead Equipment, Underground Quilts and others in the vendors section.
    If you can't find, or do all the trails in LA, we have a few here in Al. Send a pm if you need info.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast