HH/SLD/GTUL/DH
    Tarp
    WL BD/MLD UL/OES
    Insulation
    te-wa/KAQ/WL/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies

Warbonnet travel sock?

Well i received my sock this past Friday, it's my first piece of gear from Warbonnet and is excellent and constructed really well. I went right out for an overnight at my personal campsite to try it out, it set up real easy and fits real well on my simply light designs 9.5 ft tree runner hammock. It did a real good job at blocking the wind and made a nice warm area to read.

But anyhow, my question is this. With this sock or any others for that matter how do you pack up in the morning when you are out on a multi day trip. when i was packing up i just unhooked the whole setup quilts and everything together and stuffed it all to the bottom of my pack. what do others do?

I will get some pics up soon! Thanks in advance for your input.
    check out my youtube channel! Trip Reports and hammock talk. - Creekcrossings Youtube channel

My Blog - Creekcrossings blog

Also check out my Facebook page! - Creekcrossings Facebook page

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    Quote Originally Posted by yooz85 View Post
    Well i received my sock this past Friday, it's my first piece of gear from Warbonnet and is excellent and constructed really well. I went right out for an overnight at my personal campsite to try it out, it set up real easy and fits real well on my simply light designs 9.5 ft tree runner hammock. It did a real good job at blocking the wind and made a nice warm area to read.

But anyhow, my question is this. With this sock or any others for that matter how do you pack up in the morning when you are out on a multi day trip. when i was packing up i just unhooked the whole setup quilts and everything together and stuffed it all to the bottom of my pack. what do others do?

I will get some pics up soon! Thanks in advance for your input.
    I believe I do the same. I pack the quilts separate, and stuff the sock and hammock together.

Hammock
    HH/SLD/GTUL/DH
    Tarp
    WL BD/MLD UL/OES
    Insulation
    te-wa/KAQ/WL/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by barchetta View Post
    I believe I do the same. I pack the quilts separate, and stuff the sock and hammock together.
    Thanks for the input!

I figured i would get a lot more responses in no time, I know there is a bunch of sock users around!
    check out my youtube channel! Trip Reports and hammock talk. - Creekcrossings Youtube channel

Hammock
    DIY Stretch Side, WBBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti/flight jacket
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I stuff it all together in a trash compactor bag in the bottom of my pack. The bag keeps it dry, it's tough, and ultra light.
    "Life is hard, it's harder when your stupid" John Wayne

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I find it too cumbersome to detach and pack each item individually, only to set it up again the same night. Have had no problems with stuffing the complete bundle in the sleeping bag compartment of my backpack.

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    How much packing and setup tinker time do you have? You can take that time as part of the joy of the trip and disassemble it all, packing each component as you did in eager anticipation of your outing. If you don't have that time or desire, stuff it all together knowing setup will be less steps that evening. You need to check and maybe tweak your suspension and quilt, but this should take a lot less time setting up day two or more as compared to the first night.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Images
    I don't use a sock my hammock has a winter zip cover and I have an UQP so basicly a sock arrangement. If weather permits I like to remove my quilts give them a good shake look for any dampness from condensation and hang them over my tarp RL to breath a little, while eating breakfast and cleanup camp, before stuffing them.
    I do stuff them seperate the hammock and UQP in one stuffsack and the quilts in another.

Hammock
    HH/SLD/GTUL/DH
    Tarp
    WL BD/MLD UL/OES
    Insulation
    te-wa/KAQ/WL/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Thanks for all the info everyone. Normally i like to tinker and take everything apart. I did the same thing as Outandback with my DB and UQP, but my DB was retired and i wanted to try a sock and figured it would be lighter (and cheaper). For curious minds, UQP according to my scale is 7.6oz in stuff sack, Sock is 9.2 in stuff sack.

In winter conditions i figure it would be easier to do the stuff method in a trash compactor bag to make everything easy. I might be going out in the next couple of weeks and i will make some videos to show off my new gear.

couple of more added bonus of the sock, is i don't need to unzip anything to adjust the UQ and i dont have to worry about tie outs. I do miss my DB though very comfy hammock.

I modified mine by putting a zip on the end of the sock so it stores in the stuff sack with the hammock and the suspension running through it. The zip allows me to slide the sock over the hammock without unclipping. If it gets cold in the night I can slide the sock down. Same with packing up, unzip the end, push up into the hammock stuff sack then in goes the hammock, sorry did not explain very well

• + New Posts