WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images

Field Tested 2QZQ UQP

Hi Donna and Tim,

I just wanted to let you know that I field tested the UQP that I purchased a month or so ago last week-end. The event was the NEHHA Nor'Easter Winter Hang.

While we had all hoped for snow and cold temps, we were served up Temps in the mid-forties and constant rain from Friday night through about 10pm Saturday night.

When I say rain, I mean RAIN. Just when you thought that it couldn't rain any harder, it did.

When I set up my hooch on Friday afternoon, I put my UQP on, over my 0* Incubator, which was beneath my Hennessy Safari Deluxe. (All covered by my Warbonnet SuperFly.) The rains started sometime Friday night, intermittently and then really came down Saturday morning and day.

I am pleased to report that, with the exception of a little condensation, (on all of my stuff) everything was perfect. The ground was frozen and the temps rose, creating an incredibly Humid Air Field around us. Fog, etc.....

I wanted to thank you very much for the quality of your product(s) and let you know how well it performed.

Keep up the great work. I look forward to ordering some new "stuff" in the near future.

All the best !
    Gil
    Last edited by SemperFiGuy; 01-19-2014 at 19:10.
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Must have been that ice fog night - I was out too and it has been the only night I ever got condensation. Here it went from 41F and heavy fog to 31F and ice fog - everything froze up.
    Thanks for the UQP test results - was that the Sil-Nylon or regular 1.1? I'm about ready to order one and I keep flip flopping between the two (I know most go with 1.1 for condensation reasons but I'll be using it above 40F). Thanks.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird or WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Old Pappy,

I purchased the Rip Stop Breathable in Olive Green.

It does breath and any moisture/condensation that might find its way to the UQP, quickly evaporates with a little circulation.

If you are undecided as to which you should get, ie., the ripstop or sil, call or email Tim or Donna. They are very, very helpful and will provide you with a great recommendation.

Happy hanging and all the best !
    Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    Thanks for the review and comments on this. I made the choice to pull the trigger on purchasing exactly what you got yesterday. Ordered the ripstop in olive brown.

I've been out in rain, but not since I've switched to down UQ/TQ. Nice to hear how well this worked for you...reassures me that I made a good choice!

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird or WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Thanks for the review and comments on this. I made the choice to pull the trigger on purchasing exactly what you got yesterday. Ordered the ripstop in olive brown.

I've been out in rain, but not since I've switched to down UQ/TQ. Nice to hear how well this worked for you...reassures me that I made a good choice!
    Owl, I can assure you that you made a great choice. In the NEHHA Trip Report Thread, you can read comments from all of our fellow hangers as to how much rain we got and despite the rain, the UQ kept my kit dry and warm.

I think you are going to be very pleased. Let me know after you've had a chance to field test it on your own.

All the best !
    Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I was at the same hang and I can report that my UQP protected my down in the same manner. Way to go 2qzq !!!
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

• + New Posts