Tarp
    Peaked Fly
    Insulation
    PAK-IT-LITE System
    Suspension
    Toggled Suspension
    Images
    Here is another review from CJ sent to me via email:

"I just wanted to say that I have spent a little time in my new FOB and I wanted to share my first impression.

OK Love! I love the ability to lay perfectly flat in your Hammock! This is something I struggled with in my Clark NX250- always having to hang the foot end higher and not able to really lay flat.

I was unsure how you achieved this claim initially, but after inspecting the hammock and seeing how it is cut- definitely different than anything else out on the market!

The quality of the Hammock is all top notch! From the stitching to the fabric and even to the well thought out small details- It really shows how much thought and time must have gone into designing this system.

The pad sleeve is great- no more sliding around on a pad, and the side pockets that add a significant amount of warmth that almost cradle you in comfort.

I was unsure as to the claim of being tested to -2F without any underquilt! Boy, I am a believer now. I'm sure with a quality bag and pad with some spare clothes in the side tubes that this is a very realistic claim.

I am kind of a gear nut and was honestly happy enough with the Clark NX250- That was because I didn't know what I was missing in comfort and warmth! I changed because...well just because I could, and I am sure glad I did.

I am sending you this in the hopes that you post it on your site as an honest review of your product- I couldn't be happier with it and can't think of anything I would change!

This will definitely be with me in my High Country Elk Hunts in the Sky Lakes Wilderness for many seasons to come!

CJ"
    Tony Kramer
    Sea Kayak Instructor/ Guide
    http://theseakayaker.com
    Owner/Designer of PAK-IT-LITE.LLC Hammocks & Outdoor gear.
    http://camphammocks.com

Hammock
    Pak-it-Lite F.O.B
    Tarp
    Pak-it-Lite Fly
    Insulation
    Quechua A200 UL
    Suspension
    Pak-it-Lite
    Images
    Some great reviews again Tony, keep up the good work and ignore the nay-sayers. I love my P.I.L and having been the owner of several hammocks including some of the coveted ones on this particular forum, nothing can compare to it in terms of warmth, ease of use and comfort. Never before have I slept so soundly.

I guess some people cant or simply won't embrace change. I fully concede that not everyone will like a particular product for one or a number of reasons, these things happen. Its very easy to criticise but that criticism can sounds like bitterness if those very people have no experience with the product in question.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    DIY straps / Fancy
    I am really fascinated by this hammock. I wish there was more info on them.

Hammock
    Pak-it-Lite F.O.B
    Tarp
    Pak-it-Lite Fly
    Insulation
    Quechua A200 UL
    Suspension
    Pak-it-Lite
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolranch View Post
    I am really fascinated by this hammock. I wish there was more info on them.
    Hi fella,

Why not call Tony or drop him an e-mail. I'm quite sure he'll answer any questions you may have. Great hammocks mate, one of the best kept secrets in the camping business. And that's possibly why other vendors are very quick to dismiss them. ��

Hammock
    Sheltowee Hammocks
    Tarp
    Big, Retangular
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Tony posted a video recently that lifts the veil of mystery a little about the patented design of Pack-It-Light Hammocks. You can find it on the company's facebook page (sorry, I couldn't find a link to youtube or another, non-fb platform) I thought I'd share it here. The video helps explain the thought behind the invention. However, with new fabrics like Hexon from Dutchware and HEX70 From RBTR, that bias stretch is practically eliminated, making a lightweight low stretch, supportive hammock not only possible but affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
    one of the best kept secrets in the camping business. And that's possibly why other vendors are very quick to dismiss them. ��
    ...I bet Tony would agree that he'd much prefer it if Pack-It-Lite wasn't so much of a secret.

Sargevining nailed it in his earlier post about the purpose of this forum and openly discussing our passion for hammocks:
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    The goal of many of us here is to de-mystify hammocks to promote their wider use.
    ...throughout this thread, Tony remains firm in his beliefs that what he's doing with his company is totally unique, from construction to suspension. I think most of us who've been around simply know better than to believe the marketing hype.
    -Alex

Sheltowee Hammocks Feature INTEGRATED UNDERQUILTS! Starting at $224

Step Out Of Your Sheltowee @ www.ShellHammocks.com

Hammock
    Pak-it-Lite F.O.B
    Tarp
    Pak-it-Lite Fly
    Insulation
    Quechua A200 UL
    Suspension
    Pak-it-Lite
    Images
    Maybe I'm old fashioned but I find its easier to judge the merits of a product if I've actually used it. Otherwise I might be accused of supposition...

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
    Maybe I'm old fashioned but I find its easier to judge the merits of a product if I've actually used it. Otherwise I might be accused of supposition...
    ...maybe...on the other hand, when a seemingly outrageous claim was made about the hammock, and some of us objected, it was revealed that there were all kinds of caveats that went along with the original claim. Posts about this company's hammocks have been riddled with such double-talk. In this thread alone, there's a lack of understanding of how the hang angle impacts the forces exerted on the anchor points and the hammock itself. In another thread there's a claim that you can get down to a very low temperature, only to find out later in the thread you needed all kinds of other insulation involved to get down to that claimed temperature, which you can do in any hammock.

Look. This may be Miracle Hammock. But because of the way the hammock has been marketed on this forum, we remain skeptical. Very skeptical. And skepticism ain't no supposition.

This is supposition: You will have very hard nipples in this hammock, at 0 degrees F, wearing only a t-shirt and shorts, with no additional insulation. I don't own the hammock, so I can't prove it. But I'm pretty confident that I'm right.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I always get a chuckle out of "winter" hammocks, especially one that says, " Designed for hammock camping in colder weather, the F.O.B was engineered around heat retention techniques and has been tested to -2F with no underquilt needed." Only Clark, to my knowledge, markets a "4-season" hammock, and adding a few pockets for insulation does not, in my opinion, make a hammock "4-season" or "winter." If underquilts aren't needed, then why does Pak-It Lite have an announcement "Coming Soon! Pak-It Lite Thermal Liners (underquilts) - add another 20* to your hammock"? I guess we're supposed to think that a pad will easily get us to -2 F, and the underquilt will get us to -22 F.

Reminds me of ENO's Doublenest supposedly two-person hammock: "Big enough for two and palatial for one." Yeah, right.

Place me firmly in the "skeptical" column on "tested to -2 F with no underquilt needed."
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 02-04-2016 at 16:57.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    11' Hexon 1.6, Poly D 1.3
    Tarp
    HG Standard Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    12' tree straps to
    Images
    I agree that the marketing ploy is pretty bad, but after watching the video I'm curious about the "W" shape. What do people think about that?

Hammock
    11' Hexon 1.6, Poly D 1.3
    Tarp
    HG Standard Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    12' tree straps to
    Images
    "tested to -2 F with no underquilt needed."
    ... maybe it was tested on the ground!

• + New Posts