Thread: Help I'm stuck

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    SUPERFLY
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ

Help I'm stuck

Well this year I've found out that I can't get my mental subconscious to lay on my right side. Sleeping on my back is outta the question don't sleep this way ever. At home I sleep on both left and right sides. But for some reason when in the hammock I can't get myself to sleep on my right side without feeing like I'm stuck and can't flip over without the feeling of flipping outta the hammock which I know would be pretty hard to do.
    Gus McCrae: Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop

Hammock
    DH thunderbird, TTTG switchback
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    pads, -25*UQ,0*TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies, straps
    have you tried to guy(line) out the hammock? I found by "widening" the shoulder are rolling is easier and provides and anchor to decrease rocking(I like the rocking though). what hammock are you using? length of it? your body size? I side sleep in all my hammocks(thunder bird, switchback) but find I wake up(lightly) to roll over. mostly to keep covered.
    am 6', 220 lbs. the switchback is 10' long and I am more comfortable with a pad(any kind) in the bottom to widen it a bit. then I sleep like a baby. in my thunder bird which is 11' I am on the diagonal, and sleep great as it is wider and longer.
    with both hammocks I use the tie outs to widen the body of it
    but that is just me and I am still tinkering with it all

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I dont know, as I am having the same problem with my WBRR. That hammock does not allow me to lay on my side and I cannot sleep on my back. Good luck.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
    It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." - Ronald Reagan

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    I sleep on either side. Practice will help you realize how difficult it is to flip a properly hung hammock, even when turning over from side to side.

You might try a wider, standard shaped hammock like an ENO double or something where you can change the direction of your diagonal lay by swapping which side of the centerline your feet and shoulders are on.

Since you sleep on either side, being limited to the same diagonal direction might be part of your discomfort.

I've learned to sleep on either side in a hennessy, but have found it's easier in a non-shaped hammock with a separate but netting.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    At first, never thought I could do it, but old dogs do learn new tricks.

If you haven't already, give it some time. Dedicated side sleeper, but now I rest comfortably in a hammock, sleeping on my back. Still can't do it at home, but the hammock is now fine.

You need a few nights in a row, and the more tired you are the better. I just woke up one morning well rested, and noticed I hadn't moved the entire night and I was good to go from there. I was even experiencing some slight Apnea before, "training" myself to, "sleep hammock". For me it was a cure.

I also found the reason for my side sleeping and all night tossing and turning. It was sinus congestion. I don't experience that in a hammock. It's like an extra reward for teaching myself something new. YMMV, but don't give up too soon. I'm going to a Mayan at home as soon as financially feasible. As I get older, a good night's sleep, is priceless.
    Signature suspended

Images
    Hammocks like a Switchback or Snipe don't have a left or right or head or foot end.
    You can lay on either side with your feet left or right. You can even switch your head/feet around to see if that works.

hth

• + New Posts