Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    WB SF, soon HG WP
    Insulation
    HG incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Angry **** post office!!!

So I think the USPO has lost my BF order from HG. Adam shipped it on 12/9, there is a departure scan on the 10th, then nothing. It had an expected delivery date of 12/13. I called Adam and he is working on it, but **** this pisses me off (pissed at post office, not HG). I called the post office and all they would tell me is it hasn't been scanned since 12/10. I asked don't you have a record of what truck it went on? Can't you see where that truck is now? Did it break down, or blow up? Was it car jacked by greedy elves??? All they can tell me is "sorry sir I show the last scan was the 10th"...

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Baby Orca/Klymit
    Suspension
    straps/c buckles
    Images
    I had this happen with 2 of 5 packages shipped this month.
    They say: guarenteed in 3 days (2 states away).
    Scan on the 11th. NOTHING for a week.
    Today, I get a notification (look on their website, you can have them send you notifications) that it was out being delivered (10 days late).

2nd pkg: I had to call the 800 number 7 times....and be on hold for an hour for 5 of the 7.
    the pkg , which was meant for NH went to CA, TN, GA, CO, then nothing for 8 days, a scan in MA, then an "out for delivery" finally in NH.

it now says " Delivered " but said recipient is at work.
    Hoping now a neighbor doesn't swipe it.
    It's a hammock and UQ.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

AT '12. AT '14. FT '15. CA '15.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    WB SF, soon HG WP
    Insulation
    HG incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thank you for the reply, I guess there is still hope. I figured some mailman was rockin a bunch of new gear! What erked me more than anything was their lack of tracking ability or even an once of caring. I'm glad urs looks like it's going to have a happy ending! Have a merry Christmas!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 Dl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/Ozark
    Suspension
    ADJ webbing
    Images
    Please note that though I disagree with their day thing it isnt guaranteed unless you pay for next day or second day.
    Where ever you go,
    There you are.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    WB SF, soon HG WP
    Insulation
    HG incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Agreed, but 10 days without a scan seems excessive. And to me it seems like if u scan a package in one place and put it on a truck, you should be able to figure out where that truck is now or went to. If broke down or ended up in Fl instead of Oregon, someone should be able to see where it's at.

Hammock
    WB RR, BB
    Tarp
    Cluodburst, MJ
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    D-rings and straps
    Trust me, it isn't that they don't care. It's the "system" and often times your hands are tied. Politicians make hay on subjects like that.
    Cvt

Hammock
    Dutch's prototypes
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    All Dutchware
    The USPS wonders why they're losing money, losing customers. Their solution, work less, close post offices, delivery one less day. Here a thought, grow a work ethic, be accountable, learn some basic customer service. Nope, let's go with the raise prices to cover the pension plan.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    BMJ Spinn w/Doors
    Insulation
    M55BurroClone/Yeti
    Suspension
    Slings'n'Stuff
    Sorry that your having issues with USPS. I dont remember ever having a problem with them and use them frequently. On the other hand, I've had issues with FedEx and UPS. I happen to be in the next day freight industry and can tell you that UPS damages a lot of stuff. Lobbyists for the competition with lots of money (influence) in Washington would like to see an end to the US Postal service and have convinced a large number of politicians to make it hard on the Postal Service. What other company has congress required to pre-fund their healthcare costs ten years in advance.?
    Answer: None

Fact:
    1. USPS is not tax payer subsidized. (If you thought it was)
    2. Post offices are regulated/restricted from offering other types of services that could help make them profitable. ie..selling hunting, fishing licenses, powerball, gift wrapping or whatever.
    3. They actually deliver packages for FedEx and UPS to places that aren't profitable to service.

Note: if the mods determine that this post is too political, feel free to nuke it.
    I just feel that it's far to easy to jump on the bash the USPS band wagon.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG on order
    UPS isn't without fault either. My brother drives for them. They received and scanned my package Thursday. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday. They updated the delivery to Tuesday. I asked my brother what the hold up was, and he says state law says the drivers can't drive again til Monday because they all already hit their 60 hour max. He said he hopes that it shows up by Christmas.

• + New Posts