Hammock
    DIY D.L. Hammock, Eagle Nest pro
    Tarp
    Kelty12',9' & SF
    Insulation
    Down UnderQuilt
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    ah the Plight of the water the bushes, at O' dark thirty.. hate it.. but, got's to do it Easy slip on shoes/boots are nice.. wearing wool socks thinking just a quick Water trek.. hope back.. curse yourself for bring in all sorts of twigs, prickly things.. grrrrr..

Advice on the GO GIRL.. Practice, practice practice.. Oh boy, I had gal Test hers on a SAR mission... Lets just say, I got many hours of laughs & Large Branch tossed at me... can't say more. well yea get the idea. ;-)
    " Taking the gun off safety increases the velocity by 100% "

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    You people who pee in yer hammock are downright nasty. Add this to my list of reasons not to buy a used hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    I get up & go, based on my luck, it is for the best to not use a bottle.

I have:
    used a bottle once, so know I can do it. It was an emergency, I was (again) recovering from hypothermia & didn't feel safe going out into the still raining & cold weather. This was way back when I was in a t**t, haven't felt the need to try it in the hammock.
    Peed over the side of my hammock ONCE just to see if I could,, I can. You MUST be fully awake to do this, if nothing else, so you remember which side of the hammock you put your boots.

I did not like either method, seems more efficient & safe to do it the "normal" way.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    11ft Argon 1.6oz, single layer
    Tarp
    Camo SilArgon
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I will not ever drink from a yellow Nalgene bottle. The designer must have had pee in mind when selecting that color.

I was a get-upper for many years, but converted to a bottler instantly the first time I tried it. I'm a heavy sleeper so by the time I wake up, I _really_ need to go. I can't go stumbling around the woods barefoot in my boxers nor pee close to my hang because usually I'm camping with a scout troop, and the BSA frowns on such behaviours. I've not missed yet, and I had much closer calls struggling with clothes and boots then I have with a bottle.

My bottle hangs from the ridgeline via a clip and a loop of amsteel so it hangs below the hammock but is easy to find when I need it. On campouts with facilities I'll empty and rinse it with a drop of liquid soap each morning when I go to wash up. In more remote areas water availability and temperature will dictate - I'm less inclined to worry about washing it each day on a winter weekend campout where water has to be carried in and it's only 24F. Either way, it gets bleached as soon as I get home.

Hammock
    Breyman scout 1.9 DL, WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    DIY 144 x 120 1.1
    Insulation
    PLUQ & Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Well I'm not that old but I feel like it. I'm over weight and when I get out of bed it feels like I'm walking on rocks for a while (even in my crocs). Grunting and straining to get out of the hammock is NOTHING like sitting up on the side of the bed and standing up. All this being said I still manage to crawl out and pee...mad the whole time...knowing it will happen again in a few hours but praying it won't. "...youth is wasted on the wrong people..."
    "As part of your equipment have something to dig with, and when you relieve yourself, dig a hole and cover up your excrement. For the Lord your God moves about in your camp..." Deuteronomy 23: 13,14

Hammock
    WB Blackbird, WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge and Down
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    I use a bottle in winter and summer. I don't see what the big deal is. It's not that difficult. I'm not exactly an acrobat and somehow I've managed to avoid spilling anything or getting any urine on my hammock and assorted items. Once I'm in the hammock, I don't want to get up...

I don't use the same type of bottle I use to drink from. An empty bottle doesn't weigh that much. In the morning I empty the bottle and wash it out. I hit it with a little bleach when I get home.

It's not nuclear waste, for Pete's sake.
    If your lucky enough to be outdoors, your lucky enough!

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    It's a LOT easier to go pee from an ENO than a hennessy. The Hennessy bottom entry requires a lot more maneuvering. With the ENO I just throw my feet over the side.

I wouldn't try peeing into a bottle in my hammock… I'd rather get out and go somewhere else, and run shaking and shivering back to the hammock.
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

Hammock
    DIY DL
    Tarp
    WB SF, WB Edge
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps + DutchGear
    I'd rather get out and go somewhere else, and run shaking and shivering back to the hammock.
    I've not tried that technique.

Wouldn't it be easier to shake it, then run?
    I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, make sure I stay here.

When I see lovers' names carved into a tree, I don't think it's cute. I think it's strange how so many people take knives on a date.

Formerly known as 'Brad49426'.

Hammock
    Traveler
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben
    Insulation
    LeighLo/Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AScott View Post
    I use a bottle in winter and summer. I don't see what the big deal is. It's not that difficult. I'm not exactly an acrobat and somehow I've managed to avoid spilling anything or getting any urine on my hammock and assorted items. Once I'm in the hammock, I don't want to get up...

I don't use the same type of bottle I use to drink from. An empty bottle doesn't weigh that much. In the morning I empty the bottle and wash it out. I hit it with a little bleach when I get home.

It's not nuclear waste, for Pete's sake.

+1 and it's sterile.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I wonder what this "walk" is you refer to. I don't get my stocking feet off my ground cloth.

But then again, I like to set up a little ways from the group.
    The mountains are calling
    and I must go...

-John Muir

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast