NX250, Envy, Appalachian
    Tarp
    one with doors
    Insulation
    UGQ down
    Suspension
    straps & Dutch's

Hammeck and the Mecks

I talked about this company before and just want to give them another shout out.

After winning a Hammeck at the Texas Fairfield Hang, I discovered it was a single layer and was recommended to not exceed 220 pounds. Well I more than exceed that (though I'm working on it). So, I contacted David Meck (meckelangelo here) and asked if they had a double layer I could swap it for. Well, at the present, they only have single layers, but David said they could add a second layer to one and sell that to me. But, he'd credit me with the cost of the one I'd won and I'd just have to pay $25 + shipping there and back. I sadi done deal and just picked it up today from my post box. Again, I couldn't be happier with this hammock. It's in ACU, looks great and I can't wait to sleep in it. They even included a new stuff sack as the double layer won't fit in the sack for the single layer. weighs a bit more, but I'm willing to carry the weight (27oz) since it means piece of mind in that the hammock won't break underneath of me over time.

The Meck family is great, the work is quality, and David is a pleasure to deal with. (Props shout out to his Mom as well, who sewed my new Hammeck )
    Remember...no matter where you go...there you are.

"I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion". - John Steinbeck

Do both layers together weigh 27 oz, or just the second layer?

Hammock
    NX250, Envy, Appalachian
    Tarp
    one with doors
    Insulation
    UGQ down
    Suspension
    straps & Dutch's
    both together in the stuff sack which is also in ACU and including whoopie slings. The double layer makes it too big to fold down into the original stuff sack.
    Remember...no matter where you go...there you are.

"I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion". - John Steinbeck

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Glad you like it, Lostagain, and thank you for your kind words. We were out of town (hunting) for a couple weeks, but back now. Sorry for the delayed response.

As usual, we'd be happy to take any custom requests. Send us a message here, or via the site, and we can discuss options and cost at that time.

Thanks again!
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

• + New Posts