Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    DIY Insulated 3.5 season
    Insulation
    Boreal Beast UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and rings .
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthauk View Post
    Which threads are you talking about specifically. I know when I move a thread I always send a pm with it stating that it was moved or removed. If I can help in finding your threads let me know. Also you can go to you control panel and look in your statistics and you can search all your threads and posts
    Did not realize you could do that . That's handy , and there is my little thank you thread .

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images

Lost access to post

Hi,
    I must have errored somehow, although do not know what happened or why.

I was responding to Walker 1207 's thread titled Back to Ground.

Suddenly I was informed that I did not have access privileges, and his thread regarding going back to tent instead of hammock camping was completely wiped off of HF.

I would like to know what I did wrong. Any information would be appreciated, and I will strive to correct my behavior.

Thanks for helping,
    Jim aka Tumbleweed

Hammock
    Exped Ergo
    Tarp
    Exped Combi
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag+pad
    Suspension
    Eyelet line+ biner
    A mystery, for sure.....

Perhaps Admin/Moderators can access deleted threads, and the rest of us can't???

I can't find anything about that thread when I search for it, so it's not just you...

I thought the usual punishment for heresy (aka going back to tenting) was burning at the stake?? Times have changed....

Seriously, a note to admin might do the trick in clearing this up....

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    What makes you think you did anything wrong vs the thread being removed for other reasons? My experience is, when a thread is deleted, the "you do not have access privileges" message pops up if you are "in the middle of it" at the time.

Hammock
    Crinkle Custom
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    brrr
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    What makes you think you did anything wrong vs the thread being removed for other reasons? My experience is, when a thread is deleted, the "you do not have access privileges" message pops up if you are "in the middle of it" at the time.
    I've had several of my threads deleted by mods. Before I was donating member I would post general camping/outdoor concerns or ideas in the general forum. I may have posted my thoughts on moved threads or donations ext.. They would move or delete my thread with in a day of it being posted. The older mods were like ninjas, always stalking.
    "What one Man can do, another can do!"
    Jons4real

http://www.youtube.com/user/jons4real

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Cuben fiber +doors
    Insulation
    Muticam UnderQuilt
    Suspension
    whoopies/straps

Haha

Quote Originally Posted by jons4real View Post
    I've had several of my threads deleted by mods. Before I was donating member I would post general camping/outdoor concerns or ideas in the general forum. I may have posted my thoughts on moved threads or donations ext.. They would move or delete my thread with in a day of it being posted. The older mods were like ninjas, always stalking.
    Your funny!
    .,====,_o00o
    //__l_l_,\____\,__ Jeep Life! +
    l_---\_l__l---[]lllllll[] Hammock Life = Awesome !
    _(o)_)__(o)_)-(o-)_)___

It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness.

So Many projects...
    So Little Time..

Hammock
    Too many to list
    Tarp
    Cuben with doors
    Insulation
    FlThrwr UQ+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    Hi,
    I must have errored somehow, although do not know what happened or why.

I was responding to Walker 1207 's thread titled Back to Ground.

Suddenly I was informed that I did not have access privileges, and his thread regarding going back to tent instead of hammock camping was completely wiped off of HF.

I would like to know what I did wrong. Any information would be appreciated, and I will strive to correct my behavior.

Thanks for helping,
    Jim aka Tumbleweed
    That thread was really skirting the "For Sale" Forum rules. I imagine the mods had reached the end of their patience. As it was unfolding, I thought to myself, "This is going to get deleted by the mods...".

Sorry, but I think it's a little disingenuous for you to post info you got from a PM with the original poster who didn't have enough posts to sell in the forum, and then ask what you did wrong. I know it was kinda funny at the time, but it was funny because it was suggesting a clever way around the rules. Then, as it continued, it went from being kind of a funny joke, to actually moving toward sales. Again, sorry, but it just got out of hand, so you can't be too surprised when the mods shut it down.

Once Walker gets 50 posts, I'm sure he'll post his stuff for sale properly. It all sounded like good stuff!!
    Last edited by Pipsissewa; 12-10-2013 at 07:43.
    "Pips"
    Mountains have a dreamy way
    Of folding up a noisy day
    In quiet covers, cool and gray.

---Leigh Buckner Hanes

Surely, God could have made a better way to sleep.

Surely, God never did.

Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    WEB
    Images

Older or Ex-Mods

[QUOTE=jons4real;1150340]I've had several of my threads deleted by mods. Before I was donating member I would post general camping/outdoor concerns or ideas in the general forum. I may have posted my thoughts on moved threads or donations ext.. They would move or delete my thread with in a day of it being posted. The older mods were like ninjas, always stalking.[/QUOTE

One of the older mods would also ban paid members from certain sites and never explain his actions. I was banned from posting videos without an explanation. No matter what, I always get url invalid. Another member can post the same url and it will go through.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipsissewa View Post
    That thread was really skirting the "For Sale" Forum rules. I imagine the mods had reached the end of their patience. As it was unfolding, I thought to myself, "This is going to get deleted by the mods...".

Sorry, but I think it's a little disingenuous for you to post info you got from a PM with the original poster who didn't have enough posts to sell in the forum, and then ask what you did wrong. I know it was kinda funny at the time, but it was funny because it was suggesting a clever way around the rules. Then, as it continued, it went from being kind of a funny joke, to actually moving toward sales. Again, sorry, but it just got out of hand, so you can't be too surprised when the mods shut it down.

Once Walker gets 50 posts, I'm sure he'll post his stuff for sale properly. It all sounded like good stuff!!
    ^^^ This ^^^

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images

Thread Deleted ???

I apologize.

I wanted to help Walker get to the 50 post minimum ( I think he was at 38). He had excellent gear at very reasonable prices and so I thought he might get to 50 via correspondence with potential buyers. As he could not list For Sale items yet, I thought I was being helpful.

At the time I did not see my actions as harmful.

I enjoy HF, and regret that my actions created problems.

Sincerely,
    Tumbleweed

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12