Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC / HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG zero incubator
    You could make one from scrap nylon for a few bucks. Unless you needed it to be weight bearing. would definitely be nicer than having everything on a ground cloth.

I was thinking of making a small "mini" hammock to hang under my hammock. I was thinking I could suspend it from the tail end of my hammock straps coming off the buckles.

I was thinking of making mini whoopies for the mini hammock and then use toggles on the tail end of the main hammock suspension straps so that I could adjust the height based on the load I had in it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog5150 View Post
    I was thinking of making a small "mini" hammock to hang under my hammock. I was thinking I could suspend it from the tail end of my hammock straps coming off the buckles.

I was thinking of making mini whoopies for the mini hammock and then use toggles on the tail end of the main hammock suspension straps so that I could adjust the height based on the load I had in it.
    You only have ~18" under your hammock then subtract UQ thickness and there is not much room under there. Just something to think about...

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    My backpack cover works as a gear sling. Can also use my hammock chair if I want to.

Great for all kinds of travel.

Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

For bike touring I might consider a short gathered end hammock, maybe 6 or 7 ft. long, a small silnylon tarp perhaps 6 x 8. Hang it on it's own trees, load your gear, tarp it and forget it until its needed. There isn't much room between under quilt and ground.

Hammock
    Trek Light Double
    Tarp
    V9 Strong Tarp
    Images
    Sounds like many on the forums still aren't aware of Trek Light Gear's VersaTrek gear loft.

It's a 5'x3' mini hammock made of the same material and quality as all of our other hammock models. Unlike the UnderBelly and other gear lofts I've seen on the market, it's rated at a full 400lb test so you can put any amount of gear you can fit in it and even more importantly it's also designed to be used as a chair, swing for the kids, etc. so it's extremely multi-use on the trail.

The name itself comes from how many uses we've found for it - we've had customers use it as everything from a bear pouch to an emergency sling in the backcountry and the uses keep on growing.

It packs down small and weighs in at only 7oz -which you can definitely reduce even more if you swap out the cords and s-hooks for some whoopies. It's been on the market for years now but TLG seems to still slide under the radar here on the forums so I try to speak up when I can!

Check it out and just let me know if you have any questions I can help with.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    --
    Seth Haber
    Trek Light Gear | Founder, CEO
    p: 720.446.2854
    w: treklightgear.com
    Feel Good. Do Good. Pass It On.

Hammock
    Whichever is in my pack
    Insulation
    HG Burrow&Incubatr
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    I picked up one of these when Amazon was selling them for $15 to use as a gear hammock.
    “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”Ralph Waldo Emerson
    --Guessing Emerson didn't practice Leave No Trace

In Nature there are neither rewards nor punishments, there are consequences. -- R.G. Ingersoll

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    NR UQ, Kelty SB
    Suspension
    Straps
    I found a guy that makes something similar that can double as a bushcraft chair. I have used it as a gear storage hammock and a chair. Worked well for both purposes. I do keep some of my gear on the shelf of my WBBB but the rest goes into my gear hammock which I hang under my hammock. Keeps my gear off the ground and dry. Below is a short review of the chair/gear hammock I did a few months back.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=78262

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    While I agree on the gear hammock I am curious about why one would take one's panniers off the bike. I would think most of the bulk would go to set up camp. Even if the panniers come off they will be essentially flat like an empty pack.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    For bike touring I might consider a short gathered end hammock, maybe 6 or 7 ft. long, a small silnylon tarp perhaps 6 x 8. Hang it on it's own trees, load your gear, tarp it and forget it until its needed. There isn't much room between under quilt and ground.
    That's what I was planning on doing, sleeping in my Ridgerunner and taking an ENO along to string up as a gear storage hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast