The Quagmire/misc DIY/Eno DN
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    Hg system(eventual
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies/UCR's
    Images
    Finished sewing the 3 layers today, finally. I will try to get some pics to orrow if the weather permits, but I think we are supposed to get rain. I am currently airing out the wool blankets to help get rid of that kerosene moth ball smell. This experimental hammock is underway, and if worst comes to worst, at least I will have the wool blankets to slip in between the layers for some insulation.
    I may be dumb, but at least I'm ugly!

I've done so much, with so little, for so long, now I can do anything with nothing.

It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

Hammock
    The Quagmire/misc DIY/Eno DN
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    Hg system(eventual
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies/UCR's
    Images
    Not the greatest pics in the world, but it's something! So it's more than DL. Right now it is the satin top, and 2 structural layers of taffeta. On end has an opening between the taffeta layers so I can still slide in my insulation when it is ready. so here we go:

First image, the boat, coming in around 12ft when all is said and done. Could be a little longer by a couple inches, but the tape measure I had access to at the time was only 10 ft. Used the knotty mod for the ends.

Next is me trying to hold it open. I used all 90x156 taffeta and satin, so this thing is massive. I wasn't supposed to be in the picture, but I was too lazy to retake it.

And last but certainly not least, here I am enjoying it, of course in my pajamas. It was a cold, rainy morning, gimme a break

All-in-all, I am happy with how it turned out, although I am a little annoyed that there are a couple noticeable stains on the satin. It's a little late to complain about it and get new stuff, so I guess I will just put some shout on it and throw it in the wash. Maybe take it to the dry cleaners?

Now I am just waiting for my wool blankets to be aired out and I can stitch them together. I got 4 60x80 blankets that I will stitch together to make an 80x120 sleeve. I am debating on filling that sleeve with shredded foam like a lovesac now or the polyfill like in pillows and stuffed animals. Either way, if I don't like it, at least it will be removable! That's the point of experimenting, right?!
    Last edited by iRokk; 11-21-2013 at 17:15.
    I may be dumb, but at least I'm ugly!

I've done so much, with so little, for so long, now I can do anything with nothing.

It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123