Hammock
    ENO singlenest
    Tarp
    ENO profly
    Suspension
    Atlas straps

Looking for sweet hang site in GA

I live in johns creek Georgia and am looking for a cool spot around here to set up camp and spend the night there for a few nights. I would prefer a nearby creek but anything will do. thanks!
    -Soccergray

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I live in newnan, just a little south of you. My favorite places are the Pine mountain trail (about an hour south of you) and the Pinhoti trail (Cheaha state park is about 2 hours from you in AL to the west) If you do go to Cheaha, Mcdill point is excellent--high ridges, spectactular cliffs, an old plane wreck to explore, caves etc--no creek, but Very cool! In the same area, Cheaha falls is a great place to camp, and so is cave creek all these places are very hammock friendly. PM me if you need directions etc See you on the trail someday! http://pinhotitrailalliance.org/ http://www.pinemountaintrail.org/
    Last edited by stevebo; 10-27-2013 at 12:38.
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    EE TQ, Pad
    Suspension
    Straps & What-Not
    If you're just tuning up gear, I've got a killer back woods; you're welcome to come hang with me. It's in Flowery Branch. If you want to get out a bit further, I am looking to get more nights under m'belt and up 400 to Dahlonega is a short ride away. There are a ton of spots up there to hang. My in-laws have a thousand acres behind their place of private land that I've got access to, but no good trails in... Might be a bear up that way, only drawback.

Let me know if you want to get out there - I'm a bit of a newcomer to this hammock thing myself. Just did the Burrell's Ford hang this weekend and loved every second of it.

Hammock
    DIY standard gathered end (DL 1.1)
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9
    Insulation
    Nada ... yet
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images

Here you go

Now that we are allowed to use our land again, this place will be open. There is a nice little creek running right through the camp ground. I haven't camped here yet, but others have hung here. I have driven thru it and put it on my to-do list.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/conf/...10487&actid=29

STinGa
    Sarcasm is a dying art.

Eagle Scout September '85 Troop 339 Smyrna, TN

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    a couple of other ideas---providence canyon state park (south of columbus) has trails and backcountry sites---very nice and lots of places to hang. The new park in coweta county (chattahoochee bend) is very nice, they have lots of trails, but Im not sure if they have backcountry sites, its not all that far from you, so you might want to take a day trip and ck it out some time1 (if youre into geocaching, they have lots of them in the park)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

• + New Posts