Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Arrow ViDEO: 2QZQ Underquilt Protector

Handy bit of kit this item. They truly save the day at times.
    Real useful when using a smaller tarp and keeps the wind off of you. Holds the UQ warmth in. Good in foggy weather and rain. Adds 5 to 10 degrees of heat I reckon to the buttocks and foot end of things.
    Splendid for sure.
    All secure in sector seven,
    Shug

Last edited by Shug; 10-22-2013 at 00:24.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG TQ,UQ, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies or rings
    Shug, you never cease to make me belly laugh, and with my belly that could be hazardous Great Video!!
    "I love not man the less, but Nature more."
    Byron

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    WHooooo Buddy ... always good to see Gilbert again Shugrow! Nice way to show case some of 2QZQ's handy work too!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    WBRR, Numerous DIY
    Tarp
    Winter Palace WBCB
    Insulation
    WB Lynx HG TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Strap/SMC Ring
    It is getting time for the cold nor'easters to blow and 2qzq got it nailed. Like your helper, looks like some of my camping buddies. Nice job Shug!

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Love the vid Shug, great as always and very entertaining.

I also love 2QZQ's UQ protectors. They are great for keeping the heat in and protecting our precious quilts. I use it by itself when it just gets a little breezy and isn't too cold and an UQ isn't needed yet. It's also very light weight. Oh yeah!!!
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Edge, Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY Underquilt
    Suspension
    Webbing

Condensation???

I've used my poncho as a underquilt cover a couple of times but I found that it trapped condensation and made the outside of my underquilt a little damp and then cold??? I even find with a piece of CCF (Camp concrete as we call it in Aus) under my legs that it gets moisture on it too??? Maybe I'm a really hot sleeper? Maybe I wet the bed and don't know it!

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Another fun run from Shug!

FWIW - available in both sil and ripstop. If you are really worried about condensation get it in rip stop. ;-)
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks (IGD)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Hanger View Post
    I've used my poncho as a underquilt cover a couple of times but I found that it trapped condensation and made the outside of my underquilt a little damp and then cold??? I even find with a piece of CCF (Camp concrete as we call it in Aus) under my legs that it gets moisture on it too??? Maybe I'm a really hot sleeper? Maybe I wet the bed and don't know it!
    The standard UQP that 2QZQ offers is breathable, they do offer a silnylon version. Right from their web site "The UQP in Silnylon will keep the underquilt or hammock dry. It can also be used as a vapor barrier between hammock and underquilt.
    Please note that Silnylon, being waterproof, can create condensation in the underquilt depending on temperature and humidity and precautions may need to be taken to avoid it. If you’re unsure about condensation issues and how to avoid it, we recommend the breathable ripstop UQP version."

Nice video Shug. I was out on my first really cold hang (about 17 degrees with a stiff breeze) last year and I could feel each time the wind made its way through my tarp and stole the warmth away. It would recover in 5-10 minutes and then another blast would make its way through. If I do much more cold weather hanging I'll have to make/buy one.
    "Mountains should be climbed with as little effort as possible and without desire. ... To live only for some future goal is shallow. It’s the sides of the mountain that sustain life, not the top. Here's where things grow." - Robert M. Pirsig

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PaCampingDad

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Hoo boy...another bit of Shug entertainment to enjoy! Been thinking about adding one to my rig (WBBB) and the bride's (WBRR). Wonder if you would consider an edit showing how it attaches and adjusts?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountnman View Post
    Shug, you never cease to make me belly laugh, and with my belly that could be hazardous Great Video!!
    Happy am I for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    WHooooo Buddy ... always good to see Gilbert again Shugrow! Nice way to show case some of 2QZQ's handy work too!
    I do love that UQ cover. Truly helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
    It is getting time for the cold nor'easters to blow and 2qzq got it nailed. Like your helper, looks like some of my camping buddies. Nice job Shug!
    Yeah....ol' sniffly Gilber is a bit loud in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    Love the vid Shug, great as always and very entertaining.

I also love 2QZQ's UQ protectors. They are great for keeping the heat in and protecting our precious quilts. I use it by itself when it just gets a little breezy and isn't too cold and an UQ isn't needed yet. It's also very light weight. Oh yeah!!!
    You speak truth. Thankee.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Hanger View Post
    I hang my uq protector a bit loose. That helps with any condensation.

Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    Another fun run from Shug!

FWIW - available in both sil and ripstop. If you are really worried about condensation get it in rip stop. ;-)
    Yep....I go rip-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by doogie View Post
    The standard UQP that 2QZQ offers is breathable, they do offer a silnylon version. Right from their web site "The UQP in Silnylon will keep the underquilt or hammock dry. It can also be used as a vapor barrier between hammock and underquilt.
    Please note that Silnylon, being waterproof, can create condensation in the underquilt depending on temperature and humidity and precautions may need to be taken to avoid it. If you’re unsure about condensation issues and how to avoid it, we recommend the breathable ripstop UQP version."

Nice video Shug. I was out on my first really cold hang (about 17 degrees with a stiff breeze) last year and I could feel each time the wind made its way through my tarp and stole the warmth away. It would recover in 5-10 minutes and then another blast would make its way through. If I do much more cold weather hanging I'll have to make/buy one.
    I've been there too. I pitch my tarp in porch mode a lot and just like to sleep with it that way so the UQ prorector really helps with that heat-robiing breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Law Dawg (ret) View Post
    Hoo boy...another bit of Shug entertainment to enjoy! Been thinking about adding one to my rig (WBBB) and the bride's (WBRR). Wonder if you would consider an edit showing how it attaches and adjusts?
    Could not be easier to rig. It just hangs over the end of the hammock whipping ends. Has a cord lock on thin line on each edge in the center to cinch up so it can be loose or up tight. Brings it up high to block wind off face.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast