NX-250 on the way!!!

So I broke down and ordered the NX-250. It is my first hammock and I have to admit, I am excited to get it. I just wanted to know if anyone has any tips when learning how to hang it. I will taking it over to my buddies house the night I get it for a practice hang in his backyard. Any and all suggestions are welcome!!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    It seems that most hammocks benefit by being hung with the foot end a few inches higher than the head end. Sometimes, on uneven ground, that is hard to determine by sight alone. Here's what I do:
    I hang the hammock with the netting and storm shield closed, the hammock empty, and no insulation underneath or anything in the pockets. Then I adjust the height and tension of the ends until the droop in the storm shield is nearly even with the sides of the hammock and the low point of the droop is nearer the head end than it is the foot end. That way the hammock is not strung too tightly and the head/foot relationship is correct. If the foot is too low you will certainly know by morning...

By the way - you did it right the first time by getting a Clark - you will never need to upgrade.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    So I broke down and ordered the NX-250. It is my first hammock and I have to admit, I am excited to get it. I just wanted to know if anyone has any tips when learning how to hang it. I will taking it over to my buddies house the night I get it for a practice hang in his backyard. Any and all suggestions are welcome!!!
    It's hanging correctly when the (zipped up) cover has some slack in it. If you hang it too tight you will have a hard time zipping the cover up with you inside.

I just used my NX-250 last week at 4,300 feet elevation with a Hammock Gear underquilt, and I was toasty warm.

You're gonna like it

thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind when I hang it. I was a little worried about doing that. from what I heard the thing you have to be careful is breaking your tarp tie down before you realize its too tight when you get inside the hammock.

Does anyone think I should create and post a video when I unbox and hang the 250? I have noticed there aren't many videos out there on this particular hammock and I am one of those that looks for video reviews quite often.

Does anyone think I should create and post a video when I unbox and hang the 250? I have noticed there aren't many videos out there on this particular hammock and I am one of those that looks for video reviews quite often.
    We love videos of gear so post as many as possible.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.9/1.1 CAMO
    Tarp
    Superfly CAMO
    Insulation
    YETI CAMO
    YES!! Most definitely! Post Post Post!!

Images
    Malic,
    This isn't specifically a review, but here's link to my recent camping trip where I used my NX-250. I used my hammock stands because I took them in case they prohibited hanging from trees. It turned out hammock hanging was OK, but the side of the mountain was so steep I decided to setup on the tent pad anyway.
    Long video but the NX-250 is in there if you are interested. I used a Hammock Gear 20F underquilt and a protector over that in case I got driving rain or mist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCDD9iyZQ7E

The pic at 3:24 shows the amount of cover "slack" that works for me. YMMV. Have fun!
    Last edited by UncleClark; 10-16-2013 at 08:35.

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Just spent 3 nights in my NX-250

Snug and secure.

Other posters have covered most of the finer points:

Feet higher than head? Check
    Don't hang too tightly? Check
    Need to upgrade? Well, I am a hammock lover, so the Clark is not my only one.. YMMV.

One thing I did with mine was to replace the stock ropes (which work well for many owners) with web & buckle suspension. I have this on all my hammocks, and like the ease of adjustment. A very easy mod.

Jim

• + New Posts