Hammock
    TrekLight Double /DIY HH/DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    GuideGear 12'x12'
    Insulation
    JCP DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling 7/64
    What ever is on sell and of good quality - I like the natural colors - greens and tans that are common, but even with that, I find my self adding reflective pull outs, guidelines, etc so it tend to be a mix.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    Standard Blue
    Insulation
    pad and sleep. bag
    Suspension
    Tree Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayTurner View Post
    I like to blend in to the environment. I dry camp a lot, and like when folks hike by and don't notice my setup. I can loop a piece of nite-ize on my ridgeline to create a beacon at night if needed. With my setup I can be very stealthy if I want, which makes it my choice to be noticed or not. I have friends that have equipment that is orange, red, purple and so forth. You can't miss them.
    I have a purple and blue hammock. It seems to blend well in the woods,especially at night, I guess it depends on the shade of purple. I also have a blue and gray hammock and it also seems to not be noticeable in the woods. It's navy and gray. I also have the usual green/khaki.

I prefer wearing gray, and sometimes I wear flor yellow just to wake everyone up! I notice that certain reds don't stand out. I think this red is called crimson by a certain manufacturer. If I were able to I would get a maroon one. This really does not stand out and is a great color.

I don't know if anyone is like me, I don't like to wander too far after camp is set up since it's usually late in the day anyway. Sooner or later most of us come to that conclusion. I guess some people like to set up camp early.
    Last edited by nyhiker50; 10-17-2013 at 17:17.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Edge/superfly
    Insulation
    Adict
    I like to blend in while in nature but like bright colours at home when I'm searching through my gear pile.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Bears like to check out different things and bright colors... You do what you want...

I choose to blend in, I usually hang a reflective cloth off the end of my tarp/hammock to catch a flashlight from a few hundred yards at night...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    ENO SingleNest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Hey Hankyknot! Good luck with your purchase!
    I personally have a blue and yellow hammock, and my pack right now is bright blue. I don't necessarily want to stand out, but I'm a fan or brighter colors. My hiking gear, however, is usually neutral colors. So...go with what fits you! Happy Hanging!

Hammock
    Switchback/Lite Owl/WBRR
    Tarp
    CamoPalace/BMJ/TH
    Insulation
    Greylock3/ProdigyX
    Suspension
    Any
    I tend to want to blend. I think it stems from needing to use army surplus stuff when younger. It's all dad could afford. Not camo though. Lots of greens and browns.
    I'm impressed by black in the dual role of pop and blend. There are shadows in most landscapes and black, when kept to a minimum and staggered, is pretty darned effective.
    Had a trail runner stumble on me at 4:15am this weekend (who would have guessed?). He saw the reflective strip on my bear bag 50 yards out. Never saw my olive Mamajamba until I lit him up with my headlamp. Very strange encounter..chance encounter.

Hammock
    DIY purple HyperD
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Lessee, I have an OD green tarp, a DIY maroon Bugnet, and three DIY hammocks. One is a DL tablecloth of turquoise and purple, one is a chocolate brown tablecloth and one is a dusty lavender one that was made from my fabric stash. As long as I have my OD green tarp, I can pretty much use any color hammock I want and still blend in. I feel it is the best of both worlds.

I'd like to get some of that reflective stuff for my guy lines tho...I'm ALWAYS trippin' over my lines.

I also have a black backpack. I wanted the purple one but they didn't have it my size.
    If you don't experiment, you don't learn!

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I started out with brighter colors, my tent had a bright yellow rain fly to make it easier to find but now I'm moving towards not sticking out so much. I never used to like the camo that was out there, I'm pickie with that. Don't like one that repeats every square foot because that makes a pattern that stands out to me. I went to the OD greens and browns for my hammock & tarp. But a lot of the newer camo stuff, I kinda like. Now if some came out in RealTree patterns, look out.
    I never hike alone. The voices in my head are always with me.

Hammock
    Woodsmen X
    Tarp
    OES
    Insulation
    UnderQ Uk Hammocks
    Suspension
    Woopie, dutchclip.
    In Europe most country's doesnt allow to hang in Nature. So Hiding is necessary .

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast