Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Beardo View Post
    Do you take your CPAP machine hammocking with you? Is it super heavy? On my summer bag I could get away with leaving the hood on as it's really small and slightly to the side of the bag when I open it out like a duvet. But on my winter bag the hood is really chunky and sits right over my face when I use it open like a top quilt....

Going to think about it for a few more weeks, just in case I change my mind. But will most likely trim the zips right back to the seam and then then chop the hood of the winter one. Will post some photos if I do go for it
    I use my CPAP when I camp in my hammock. I hang it and a battery from an extra ridge line in a pouch from a minivan cargo net. I have not had a problem doing this. The ridge line is not connected to the hammock so there is no stress there. I am thinking of trying to hang it from the hammock ridge line to eliminate an extra piece of gear, and will see if it will hang to far down on top of me when I sleep. Experimenting.
    / \ /+\
    | ||
    |-|| ___
    | ||
    | | \__|

Quote Originally Posted by ag1024 View Post
    I use my CPAP when I camp in my hammock. I hang it and a battery from an extra ridge line in a pouch from a minivan cargo net. I have not had a problem doing this. The ridge line is not connected to the hammock so there is no stress there. I am thinking of trying to hang it from the hammock ridge line to eliminate an extra piece of gear, and will see if it will hang to far down on top of me when I sleep. Experimenting.
    How heavy is it, relative to you? Unless it's a significant portion of your bodyweight, the deflection in the ridgeline should be pretty small.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    UGQ top & under
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I unzip my Western Mountaineering down bag and it works like my UGQ top quilt.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234