Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web

SC Fall Sprawl 2013 Trip Report!!!

Just got home and showered, more details to come but lets just give you a quick rundown of some highlights:

Officially announced the formation of the Palmetto State Hangers group

Donated $1000 to the Sesquicentennial State Park in the PSH name

Largest attendance to date with 47 counted last night and 60+ over the course of the weekend

Most "doubles" in hammocks as well as "tandem" hanging (side by side hammocks, and one stacked hammock) in FS history

Paul & Missy, the UGQ crew, gets the award for the longest distance traveled to date by driving 14+ hours from Michigan...

I cant wait for the pictures from Shutter to come rollin in, as well as from the rest of the crew! I need to decompress a little and I'll be getting mine up shortly (the few I have)

Again, a HUGE thank you to every Vendor and Attendee who helped make the raffle the biggest and most awesome to date, Tally for the stories, everyone that helped with the pot luck, and throughout the weekend. Many more thanks to come as my brain settles and I can think straight.

To those of you who missed it for one reason or another: you REALLY missed out but we'll see you next year!!!
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Lite Owl
    Tarp
    WL - 144" TadPole
    Insulation
    WL -3/4UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutchbiner
    Had a blast, it was my first hang. Thanks to Rev for the quick pointers on my setup. A huge thank you to all the crew for the amazing time of fellowship. This is going down in my books, already excited for the next one, can't wait. Oh and Cowboy better be up on his game next time cause I'm gonna make sure he has competition in the blade show next time. I can't thank everyone enough, best birthday ever.

South Carolina Mike

Getting Begun is Only Half Done

http://www.youtube.com/user/SouthCarolinaMike

Hammock
    Dream hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Nub'a
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    i just got home myself, it was a easy 4 hour drive. I had a lot of fun.

Protip: ask more then one person where to find particular campsites or you might end up on the wrong side of a lake for the first night.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No See Um No More
    Tarp
    BCUSA Coyote 10x10
    Insulation
    USMC Poncho Liner
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I just got home a little while ago myself. A little tired but very relaxed having had a great weekend getaway. oh, and it's official, I was the last one out of the park. I followed Squidbilly out.
    Palmetto State Hangers Facebook Group

Last Hang Attended 2013 Fall Sprawl Trip Report

Next Hang To Attend 2014 Spring Swing

I can only afford to live free.
    Anything else cost far too much.

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    For my first ever group hang, it was awesome. It was really nice to get to meet the people behind the names. I have a very relaxing weekend hanging out with new friends and learning new tips/tricks. I also loved looking at everybody's setups. The raffle was awesome. Thank you to all the vendors who donated cool gear. I can't wait to go to the next hang and every other one I can make. Thanks to everybody for everything.

Hammock
    wbbb 1.1
    Tarp
    WL Bigdaddy
    Insulation
    Rev X TQ, UGQ UG
    Suspension
    Buckles and d clip
    Trip Report for the South Carolina Hang

9/21/2013: Tacoma, Jaz (Jazáme), and Spike left North Carolina at 8:00am. The drive was uneventful and peaceful since Jaz and Spike was asleep for most of the drive. We arrived at the hang around 11:30 am. Jaz was greeted by Braveheart in an apron and kilt with a big knife (Cowboy) and Tacoma was greeted by a nice yell of his name by Rev and everyone. Spike was greeted by a mini Saint Bernard who thought spike was a female or the Saint Bernard goes both ways…. Who knows? Cowboy introduced Jaz and Spike to his dog Max. Spike liked Max since Max didn’t try anything with him. Jaz and Tacoma then meet Gunner and Terminator and went to set up our hammocks for the night. BTW, thanks Gunner and Terminator for saving us a spot. Jaz really like sleeping between the Captain and Gunner’s hammocks for she could judge who snored the loudest, she thinks the Captain won, but she isn’t for sure and doesn’t want to judge again it next year. LOL After our gear was setup we proceeded to sit around the big fire pit, eating ice cream. At that point, Jaz looked around and thought she was in a Capital One commercial and it seemed like the beard growing event was the night before. At that time Jaz met Cowboy’s friend Little John (Russell) and yes she knew Braveheart and Little John are from two different stories but Jaz calls them like she see them even if her eyesight is bad. Then we meet Junebug, Baha, and Gresh. At one point Rev called for a showing of knifes, Cowboy brought out tons of knifes big and small and thought he won the competition until Tacoma brought out his little purple knife. Word spread far and wide about that little purple knife that the Rough Riders came out to see it. But the Capital One Viking folks scared them off. That was when Jaz became the three monkeys and started playing candy crush and didn’t see, or hear NOTHING. After Junebug got her cowboy stew going (NO, she didn’t hurt cowboy it is just the name of the stew), the group held the raffle. The raffle was going good until some people wanted to lynch the boy calling out numbers (Spoiled sports) and they brought in a girl to call the numbers. But then the losers, (oops I mean the ticket holders that didn’t have their number called yet which included me) replace the girl with the boy again thinking their luck would change with the boy. A lot of good prizes were won and it was a very fun raffle even though Tacoma forgot to put the kayak cart in the raffle that was in the car trunk. After the raffle was over, some people discovered that wonderful element called FIRE. And it was a big, big fire. It was so hot the metal chairs were melting. Once the Park Ranger was roasting nicely on the fire, Rev gave him the donation from the group. The Park Ranger was so shocked and happy that he forgot or didn’t care if he was roasting. After the Park Ranger left and the fire gods were satisfied we had a very good feast and a great night. Thanks to everyone who cooked, the food was excellent. Sunday morning came upon us quickly and regretfully we had to head back to Raleigh, NC. The drive was long since Jaz did not sleep. This was definitely a great hang and we will be coming to more with you guys and gals.

A special thanks to REV and the people from PSH for putting his hang together.

Thanks Paul and Missy from UGQ for your insight on underquilts, you will be hearing from us shortly. Hope you had a safe drive home.

Thanks to all we forgot to mention and sorry for not having the time to meet everyone. We will meet again soon.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch/Dynaglide
    Had a great time.

Hammock
    DIY, Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    Squidbilly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazame View Post
    Trip Report for the South Carolina Hang

9/21/2013: Tacoma, Jaz (Jazáme), and Spike left North Carolina at 8:00am. The drive was uneventful and peaceful since Jaz and Spike was asleep for most of the drive. We arrived at the hang around 11:30 am. Jaz was greeted by Braveheart in an apron and kilt with a big knife (Cowboy) and Tacoma was greeted by a nice yell of his name by Rev and everyone. Spike was greeted by a mini Saint Bernard who thought spike was a female or the Saint Bernard goes both ways…. Who knows? Cowboy introduced Jaz and Spike to his dog Max. Spike liked Max since Max didn’t try anything with him. Jaz and Tacoma then meet Gunner and Terminator and went to set up our hammocks for the night. BTW, thanks Gunner and Terminator for saving us a spot. Jaz really like sleeping between the Captain and Gunner’s hammocks for she could judge who snored the loudest, she thinks the Captain won, but she isn’t for sure and doesn’t want to judge again it next year. LOL After our gear was setup we proceeded to sit around the big fire pit, eating ice cream. At that point, Jaz looked around and thought she was in a Capital One commercial and it seemed like the beard growing event was the night before. At that time Jaz met Cowboy’s friend Little John (Russell) and yes she knew Braveheart and Little John are from two different stories but Jaz calls them like she see them even if her eyesight is bad. Then we meet Junebug, Baha, and Gresh. At one point Rev called for a showing of knifes, Cowboy brought out tons of knifes big and small and thought he won the competition until Tacoma brought out his little purple knife. Word spread far and wide about that little purple knife that the Rough Riders came out to see it. But the Capital One Viking folks scared them off. That was when Jaz became the three monkeys and started playing candy crush and didn’t see, or hear NOTHING. After Junebug got her cowboy stew going (NO, she didn’t hurt cowboy it is just the name of the stew), the group held the raffle. The raffle was going good until some people wanted to lynch the boy calling out numbers (Spoiled sports) and they brought in a girl to call the numbers. But then the losers, (oops I mean the ticket holders that didn’t have their number called yet which included me) replace the girl with the boy again thinking their luck would change with the boy. A lot of good prizes were won and it was a very fun raffle even though Tacoma forgot to put the kayak cart in the raffle that was in the car trunk. After the raffle was over, some people discovered that wonderful element called FIRE. And it was a big, big fire. It was so hot the metal chairs were melting. Once the Park Ranger was roasting nicely on the fire, Rev gave him the donation from the group. The Park Ranger was so shocked and happy that he forgot or didn’t care if he was roasting. After the Park Ranger left and the fire gods were satisfied we had a very good feast and a great night. Thanks to everyone who cooked, the food was excellent. Sunday morning came upon us quickly and regretfully we had to head back to Raleigh, NC. The drive was long since Jaz did not sleep. This was definitely a great hang and we will be coming to more with you guys and gals.

A special thanks to REV and the people from PSH for putting his hang together.

Thanks Paul and Missy from UGQ for your insight on underquilts, you will be hearing from us shortly. Hope you had a safe drive home.

Thanks to all we forgot to mention and sorry for not having the time to meet everyone. We will meet again soon.

Great trip report. I can just see it!
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

Hammock
    WBBB, RR, Eno Dn
    Tarp
    WB SF, CB
    Insulation
    WB Mamba, UGQUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, D Clips
    Made a deal with Jaz that if she writes the trip report I will cook dinner and do dishes. I got a good deal. We had a great time. Thanks all. Great to meet all of you (some again) and the ones I missed, we will meet soon. Couldn't ask for a better weekend.

I will bring more Nutty Buddys next time.

Does below look familiar?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Straight out of Clayton.

Most physical hike: Grandfather Mountain, NC. Aug 13.

I don't need to make my pack lighter. I need to make my (_*_) lighter.

Hammock
    HammockBliss no see um
    Suspension
    home made webbing
    Images
    I had fun and glad to put faces with names
    here are a couple pics i took, one group around the fire ring and one of the raffle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast