WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Yeah it's was a diamond knot. Here is a link.
    http://www.animatedknots.com/lanyard/index.php
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Suspension
    DIY UL UCR
    Cool, I have no problem tying a diamond knot. The idea of the chinese button knot is that all four strands exit from the same place. The two running ends exit the knot where the two standing ends enter, and then you can bury the running ends in the standing ends. This gives the soft shackle more strength because it increases the diameter of rope around which the eye tightens and also increases the strength running into the knot (4 strands entering instead of two). For 1/8th amsteel, this gives the soft shackle ~ 230% of the line strength if properly constructed.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Suspension
    DIY UL UCR
    GadgetUK437, thanks for the great additional instructions! I was able to dress and tie the knot successfully now that I attempted to do it at home. (I was trying to do it in the back seat of a car at night, during a road trip before, and conditions were not ideal...) I'll make a new post showing my "floppy-ware" (no knots, no hardware) modular hammock quick disconnects and the UCRs I made. (Posted under suspension etc.)

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123