HHEA, HHEUL, HHSD, GTUL
    Tarp
    DIY KindaLite 1.1
    Insulation
    TQ, DIY Fusion UQ
    Suspension
    W-Slings, Trunks

GoLite Z30 topquilts on clearance

Just a heads-up, GL has their Z30 quilts on clearance for $180 (same price for Regular and Long, regular price is $250), which is a 30-degree quilt with a Pertex Quantam shell and 850FP goose down with a sewn footbox. Free US shipping, too.

I love my previous generation 3-season GoLite quilt, so I ordered a new Z30 since my other half keeps stealing my 3-season.
    Last edited by CatSplat; 09-11-2013 at 17:03.

Hammock
    DIY tablecloth, Byer Double
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY PLUQ
    Suspension
    Web, single line
    Wow, thats a great deal! Ive never checked out their stuff before, but it looks awesome.
    Live every day as if it was your last.
    Laugh much, love often.
    Happy hanging!!!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    This makes me appreciate the deal that I got from them in the fall of 2013 even more... $99 for their 1 season (40 degree) TQ (I threw in a water bottle to get free shipping). This 40 degree bag has so far been too warm for me (the lowest temp I've had it in so far is lower 40s) so I think I could easily take it into the 30s. I would assume that their 30 degree bag would be similar. I'm a big GoLite fan and find it very difficult to pass up their sales.

Dave
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    HHEA, HHEUL, HHSD, GTUL
    Tarp
    DIY KindaLite 1.1
    Insulation
    TQ, DIY Fusion UQ
    Suspension
    W-Slings, Trunks
    Quote Originally Posted by samsara View Post
    This makes me appreciate the deal that I got from them in the fall of 2013 even more... $99 for their 1 season (40 degree) TQ (I threw in a water bottle to get free shipping). This 40 degree bag has so far been too warm for me (the lowest temp I've had it in so far is lower 40s) so I think I could easily take it into the 30s. I would assume that their 30 degree bag would be similar. I'm a big GoLite fan and find it very difficult to pass up their sales.

Dave
    I still regret missing that sale. I got the 3-season on a similar steep discount but didn't see the $99 sale a couple weeks later, and when I did it was sold out!
    Last edited by CatSplat; 09-11-2013 at 17:02.

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by samsara View Post

Dave
    I got one of the 1+ season quilts on a sale for 120 I think. I had it down to 30* last spring. Way conservatively rated. The 30* bag though weighs about the same so I'm not sure if it would be dramatically warmer.
    John aka Suede

Hammock
    HHEA, HHEUL, HHSD, GTUL
    Tarp
    DIY KindaLite 1.1
    Insulation
    TQ, DIY Fusion UQ
    Suspension
    W-Slings, Trunks
    Quote Originally Posted by Space4DaPoppa View Post
    I got one of the 1+ season quilts on a sale for 120 I think. I had it down to 30* last spring. Way conservatively rated. The 30* bag though weighs about the same so I'm not sure if it would be dramatically warmer.
    From browsing the archived version's of GoLite's site, the old 3-season Ultralite 800 quilts were 1lb 7oz, while the current Z30 is 1lb 6oz. The old 1-season Ultralite 800s were 1lb 3oz. Not a massive difference overall, but the Z30 is closer to the old 3-seaon than the 1-season.

I totally agree they're quite conservatively rated compared to other manufacturers.

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by CatSplat View Post
    From browsing the archived version's of GoLite's site, the old 3-season Ultralite 800 quilts were 1lb 7oz, while the current Z30 is 1lb 6oz. The old 1-season Ultralite 800s were 1lb 3oz. Not a massive difference overall, but the Z30 is closer to the old 3-seaon than the 1-season.

I totally agree they're quite conservatively rated compared to other manufacturers.
    Yea mine was advertised 1lb 3oz but in reality it was closer to 1lb 6oz
    John aka Suede

Hammock
    DIY DBL 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 1.1 Sil
    Insulation
    DIY PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Question for you guys that have one of these - is the 30* a "survival rating" like you see on many big brand bags? Or is an actual "comfort" temp?

I see one person commented that an older version did get down to 30* fine, just wondering if anyone else had the same experience? I'm thinking about picking one up.

Thanks!

Hammock
    HHEA, HHEUL, HHSD, GTUL
    Tarp
    DIY KindaLite 1.1
    Insulation
    TQ, DIY Fusion UQ
    Suspension
    W-Slings, Trunks
    Quote Originally Posted by firecat8 View Post
    Question for you guys that have one of these - is the 30* a "survival rating" like you see on many big brand bags? Or is an actual "comfort" temp?

I see one person commented that an older version did get down to 30* fine, just wondering if anyone else had the same experience? I'm thinking about picking one up.

Thanks!
    I'd consider it a "comfort" rating. I'd have no worries about taking my previous-generation GoLite down to 30, maybe with a base layer on. That also depends on how hot of a sleeper you are.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1
    Tarp
    Dutchware 9.5" DCF
    Insulation
    Wookie 20 or 0
    Suspension
    Straps :)

plunged

just picked one up; sold some stuff earlier in the day and this thread came along at juuuusssst the right time.

this should work a _little_ better than the five-pound synthetic I lugged on a short section of the NJ AT two weeks ago, ya think?

RC
    //
    “Stories set in the Culture in which Things Went Wrong tended to start with humans losing or forgetting or deliberately leaving behind their terminal. It was a conventional opening, the equivalent of straying off the path in the wild woods in one age, or a car breaking down at night on a lonely road in another.”
    ― Iain M. Banks, The Player of Games

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast