Hammock
    DIY - Single Layer and Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    JPC The reported length is tip to tip but it is labled in the comparison chart as bed length I believe. I don't sleep with my head or feet way up in the gathered ends, so I expected 108.5 inches to be the flat portion of the hammock plus some of the tapers based on the description. Overall length or end to end would be a better description in my opnion for the 108.5 dimension. If my posts and questions annoy you don't read them. They were all sincere.

You are correct that I spent a lot of time researching this and asking questions here. People were generally very helpful and answered my questions to the best of their knowledge.

The reason I asked so many questions is that I was trying to take advantage of a great price and was buying the item sight unseen. I almost NEVER buy gear without looking at it, but to save over $100 I felt it was worth the risk on the most expensive piece of gear I have ever bought in my 40 years of backpacking. I wanted to know what I would be getting and the comaprison chart doesn't really nail that down.

If you look back several posts you from me you will see why all the questions over weight. Clark has changed the hammock and it is now considerably heavier. The information hasn't made it into the comparison chart.

@ litetrek
    Don't sweat the small stuff.
    I was in the same boat with you on buying a very expensive piece of gear that I have nerer seen. The info and charts that are on the site are a little bit confusing so the more questions you have the more info we all can find out.
    Keep em coming buddy because it helps all of us.

Hammock
    DIY - Single Layer and Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    Spaceweasle you are exactly right. Getting a question answered benefits everyone including the person who asked it. My post on the TX-250 getting redesigned and updated (and the resulting heavier new weights) is in another thread BTW.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr
    Tarp
    OEM
    Insulation
    AHE White Cloud
    Suspension
    OEM
    Geez -- guess I missed the sale. Ordered a TX-250 plus insulation pad today.
    Almost choked at the price but at 65 yrs old I'm not getting any younger and I always wanted to try hammock. I motorcycle camp and also Jeep camp and live in central AZ where trees are at a premium -- but I travel north a lot and will find trees there.

With no trees, I have a Milesgear uber bivy which should do just fine -- trick piece of kit, that. Perfect for a motorcyle.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Tonopah, at 65 years old, you deserve a good hammock, treat yourself right.
    "No whining in the woods"

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12