Hammock
    hammock
    Tarp
    tarp
    Insulation
    UQ
    Images

My new KAQ!

It was waiting for me on my porch when I got home from work this afternoon. I wasn't really expecting it until tomorrow at the earliest. I immediately ran down in my basement and set up my hammock with the quilt.

It went on pretty easily. The only thing confusing about the directions is that they assume that you're using cord and not straps. It would have been nice if the directions had some thing for folks using rings and straps. Not being a complete idiot I was able to figure out a way attach it that seems like it going to work.

I haven't spent much time in it yet, but I immediately felt warmth coming from my back, like I never have before laying in the hammock.

Mrprez did a great job, and when I requested a certain customization, not only was he willing to accommodate, he was ready to do it from the ordering process on the website to execution. Outstanding customer service!

The bad news for all of you is my customization was an extra layer of insulation. He said it turned out to be a PITA, and that he's gonna have to rethink offering that. Which means that my KAQ, kicks more *** than your KAQ!

Thank you, Mrprez!

Quote Originally Posted by guySmiley View Post
    It was waiting for me on my porch when I got home from work this afternoon. I wasn't really expecting it until tomorrow at the earliest. I immediately ran down in my basement and set up my hammock with the quilt.

It went on pretty easily. The only thing confusing about the directions is that they assume that you're using cord and not straps. It would have been nice if the directions had some thing for folks using rings and straps. Not being a complete idiot I was able to figure out a way attach it that seems like it going to work.

I haven't spent much time in it yet, but I immediately felt warmth coming from my back, like I never have before laying in the hammock.

Mrprez did a great job, and when I requested a certain customization, not only was he willing to accommodate, he was ready to do it from the ordering process on the website to execution. Outstanding customer service!

The bad news for all of you is my customization was an extra layer of insulation. He said it turned out to be a PITA, and that he's gonna have to rethink offering that. Which means that my KAQ, kicks more *** than your KAQ!

Thank you, Mrprez!
    Send me what you did for the straps and I'll include them in the instructions.

Glad it got there so fast. The USPS seems to be really on the ball these days.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Which means that my KAQ, kicks more *** than your KAQ!
    ...maybe, maybe not. I have a MacKAQ!
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    hammock
    Tarp
    tarp
    Insulation
    UQ
    Images
    Hey! I just noticed something. Mrprez has SS with Heat Sheet listed as his insulation! What's up with that?! I feel like I just got a haircut from a bald guy.

Hey! I just noticed something. Mrprez has SS with Heat Sheet listed as his insulation! What's up with that?! I feel like I just got a haircut from a bald guy.
    LOL, I haven't had a chance to make one for me!

Hammock
    hammock
    Tarp
    tarp
    Insulation
    UQ
    Images
    Oh, as far as the attaching with the straps, what I did isn't exactly mind blowing. I snapped the 2 mini carabiners to the rings on the hammock and then attached the suspension cords to those the same way someone would with the prussik loops. Then I followed the directions the same way as described in the documentation.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH w/ 2Q 3-zipper mod
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB MW3, HR on top
    Suspension
    WhoOpiesling!
    Images
    Oh, as far as the attaching with the straps, what I did isn't exactly mind blowing. I snapped the 2 mini carabiners to the rings on the hammock and then attached the suspension cords to those the same way someone would with the prussik loops. Then I followed the directions the same way as described in the documentation.
    I have found nite-ize smaller sized S-Biners to be really helpful in situations like this. I have found many uses for them around the hammock, such as attaching side tieouts to the hammock side rings. Makes installing a KAQ and/or SS much easier.

Hammock
    hammock
    Tarp
    tarp
    Insulation
    UQ
    Images
    I'd like to see some photos of what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Javaman View Post
    I have found nite-ize smaller sized S-Biners to be really helpful in situations like this. I have found many uses for them around the hammock, such as attaching side tieouts to the hammock side rings. Makes installing a KAQ and/or SS much easier.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    I'm a little late to this thread...but here's another for John and the KAQ. My KAQ kicks...well...I think you know what word goes here!

• + New Posts