Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We'll see...

Images

It's here!

Pretty darn fast shipping especially with a holiday and a change of order thrown in there. I placed the order 08/26 around 10pm, changed the order 08/31 he seam sealed it and I have it today 09/3. Brian returned every email except one sent through his website contact page and even offered to eat the difference of my indecisiveness when ordering. Pretty darn good customer service.

Just hung it up, schweeet! Here is what I like. Pitches nice and tight, like the Superfly. Of course larger than my tadpole, 12" on the sidewalls (which I was always quietly concerned it wasn't quite long enough for my 11' hammock(I had the 132"RL, great for the WBBB). Comparing to the Superfly, it is 12" longer on the ridge line and 16" shorter on the sides. I think it is a perfect summer tarp, great coverage and great ventilation. I love the dark brown color. Finally, I have the perfect rig, right? No more shopping.....yeah right!

Kudos Brian! High quality gear and fantastic customer service!

P.S. It has a center guy point on each side, I doubt I will use unless I get caught in a nasty blow.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I also tried to contact OES a couple of months ago and I am still waiting for a reply.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by swankfly View Post
    Pretty darn fast shipping especially with a holiday and a change of order thrown in there. ... Pretty darn good customer service.

Just hung it up, schweeet! Here is what I like. Pitches nice and tight.... I think it is a perfect summer tarp, great coverage and great ventilation. I love the dark brown color. Finally, I have the perfect rig, right? No more shopping.....yeah right!

Kudos Brian! High quality gear and fantastic customer service!

P.S. It has a center guy point on each side, I doubt I will use unless I get caught in a nasty blow.
    Agreed. That was my experience in ordering a MacCat Deluxe a couple of years ago. I find that I use the center point pull on each side every time. Gives me a lot more room underneath.

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Folks need to factor in that Brian graduated and joined the working world about 2 years ago. That entailed a move from Rochester, NY to the Boston area, getting settled into the new location, new job and trying to maintain the business. Obviously there were problems. Let's hope he has them sorted out by now.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    I've bought 2 or 3 tarps from Brian in the last year. Nothing but stellar service. I just wish I hadn't sold my black micro
    It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit

Thumbs up

I placed an order with Brian 1 Sept, it shipped 9 Sept, and I received it today. It probably took a little longer because I'm one of those APO guys. Anyway, Brian helped me pick a tarp out and answered all of my questions. I had zero issues doing business with Brian. Looking forward to using my new tarp and placing another order!

Images
    Looks like he has turned a corner. I am still very pleased with mine. I think I have one more tarp in my future....probably going to spread the love. I have a couple Equinox's, Kelty 16, WL tadpole, WBSfly, and a MacCat Ultra. I will be looking in the spring for another...hmmm HG, AHE or Zpack...who is it going to be?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12