Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    Hmmmm, gonna have to go back and watch a couple videos again. I usually make my coffee and breakfast reclining in the hammock.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7
    Suspension
    Warbonnet straps
    Me to Swank, I am a little confused by the thread. I just hang over the side a bit to get things fired up and brewed or stewed then prop my head up a bit and eat and drink with care. Absolutely nothing so fine in the morning than my big coozie covered mug/pot steaming away on my bag realizing its going to take a while to finish this thing, being so big, well cooziefied and hot. It sort of just holds me down, can't do much about it...it just takes time, and I wouldn't want to spill any, with it on top of me holding me down like that.

If it wasn't for Shug I'd probably be sitting on the ground all hunched up with my leg going to sleep. He sets such a good example of the fine art of slack.
    "To turn from this increasingly artificial and strangely alien world is to escape from unreality. To return to the timeless world of the mountains, the sea, the forest and the stars is to return to sanity and truth." --Robert Burnham Jr.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wilder setx View Post
    one more question on this. would you have to raise the tree strap higher on the tree or just tighten the foot end whoopie?
    Usually the strap up a bit...unless I cannot due to a limb in the way. Then I will force the whoopee. But sometimes i am already hung just perfect.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakfoot View Post
    Me to Swank, I am a little confused by the thread. I just hang over the side a bit to get things fired up and brewed or stewed then prop my head up a bit and eat and drink with care. Absolutely nothing so fine in the morning than my big coozie covered mug/pot steaming away on my bag realizing its going to take a while to finish this thing, being so big, well cooziefied and hot. It sort of just holds me down, can't do much about it...it just takes time, and I wouldn't want to spill any, with it on top of me holding me down like that.

If it wasn't for Shug I'd probably be sitting on the ground all hunched up with my leg going to sleep. He sets such a good example of the fine art of slack.
    I figured he meant in repose as breakfast and espresso are ingested in supreme comfort.
    Slack Power to the People)))))
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I figured he meant in repose as breakfast and espresso are ingested in supreme comfort.
    Slack Power to the People)))))
    Exactly! Hang out the side, light the fire, boil the water, sip the espresso, boil some more water, eat some grits, boil some more water, sip some more espresso and never get prone....till well, enough espresso and then off to the woods..

Hammock
    DIY
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Sys
    Reading this thread makes want to go have a nice lollygag in my hammock with a hot cup of coffee to keep me awake.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    None... baby steps
    Suspension
    Kammok Python
    So when I first read this I thought the OP meant sitting with their feet on the ground. I haven't experimented with the "brakefest from the hammock" that shug makes looks so effortless yet, but I do know that if you fold one side of the hammock material back on it self you can sit on it like a bench or chair and not fall backwards.
    -Domo
    "No man can stand alone in a primeval forest, untouched by the hand of man, and not realize that there is more in us than the mere breath of our bodies."

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    I suspect Shug of hornswoggling all of you. Do you think maybe the practice of riding a unicycle day in and day out does something to improve a person's balance? Can he simply use the force to move his center of gravity downward, or does he do it by eating a heavy meal the night before? Some of the stuff that he and Hickery toss back would head for the alimentary exit pretty fast, I bet.
    Last edited by WV; 08-19-2013 at 09:50.

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    I suspect Shug of hornswoggling all of you. Do you think maybe the practice of riding a unicycle day in and day out does something to improve a person's balance? Can he simply use the force to move his center of gravity downward, or does he do it by eating a heavy meal the night before?
    Yep... Or he cut in a bottom entry on his hammock and is just standing- leaning...
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    HHDJ JUNGLE XL(2)
    Tarp
    RSBTR & Superfly
    Insulation
    TQ HG20* UQ HG20*
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by swankfly View Post
    Exactly! Hang out the side, light the fire, boil the water, sip the espresso, boil some more water, eat some grits, boil some more water, sip some more espresso and never get prone....till well, enough espresso and then off to the woods..
    Uh, I was just wondering about the bear issue and eating in your hammock that you plan to sleep in. There seems to be bear sightings and attacks in almost every part of our wilderness. Just saying. Not that I don't enjoy the comfort of the best resting place ever and a cup of good coffee.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast