WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Dutch Bonded Xenon
    Insulation
    Whooki/Burrow
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Becket

Frustrated

I ordered up a new 20 degree incubator and patiently waited until the day I finally got it in the mail. I set up the hammock and attached the underquilt. While adjusting the hammock suspension the shock cord running inside the channel lengthwise pulled out. After inspecting it I discovered there was a splice between two pieces of shock cord that were held together with a piece of tape. So I tied them together and tried threading it back through the channel, but it wouldn't go because the knot was too large to fit. So on 7/29/13 I sent hammock gear an email about what happened. I got a reply right away saying that someone made a mistake and it shouldn't have been put together like that. The email said they would send out a new piece of shock cord and a Cuban fiber stuff sack for my troubles. However it's been over two weeks now and I still haven't received it. I emailed them again on 8/11/13 and just asked if the new piece had been sent out. I have yet to receive a reply. I'm just frustrated now after all this. I'm sitting here with a great looking underquilt and wanting to try it out in the worst way but can't. Yesterday I just went ahead and ordered some shock cord from dutch because I'm sick of waiting.

Images
    That is interesting. I had a similar issue with my top quilt from Enlightened Equipment, it turns out the lady sewing it was being a bit creative. I wonder if they share the same lady?

Tim was all over my issue though and even though it was an inconvenience his handling of it was exceptional in my opinion. The quilt is currently in transit between the US and Australia.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    How frustrating, I hate it when things like this happen. I hope the company you purchased from will see and read your comments. I think you have been more than reasonable. There must be a blockage in communication some place in the chain of comand. You have my sympathy.

Images
    None of my UQ's have their original shockcords.
    A long stiff piece of wire will work to help you thread the shockcord.
    Just fold about 3" of the wire over the SC and pull it thru...

hth

Images
    I found my second Phoenix to be a bit short on shock cord and replaced it. Otherwise, great piece of gear.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

Re: Frustrated

Rambler,

I answered that email. I was on the road at the time and relayed the message to "headquarters". To my knowledge it had been sent out. I got back in the wee hours of Sunday morning. And must have missed your second attempt to contact us. Strike two for me . if in we're you, I would also be quite frustrated with Hammock Gear at this point.

shoot me a PM and let me know what you paid for the shock cord and I will get that money back to you. I will still have a package headed your way first thing tomorrow.
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    Rambler,

I answered that email. I was on the road at the time and relayed the message to "headquarters". To my knowledge it had been sent out. I got back in the wee hours of Sunday morning. And must have missed your second attempt to contact us. Strike two for me . if in we're you, I would also be quite frustrated with Hammock Gear at this point.

shoot me a PM and let me know what you paid for the shock cord and I will get that money back to you. I will still have a package headed your way first thing tomorrow.
    Stormcrow, Rambler never mentioned the vendor by name. BIG PROPS to you for owning the situation publicly and I am very glad you have made it right.

Great going HammockGear.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    "if in we're you, I would also be quite frustrated with Hammock Gear at this point.

shoot me a PM and let me know what you paid for the shock cord and I will get that money back to you. I will still have a package headed your way first thing tomorrow."

Now how can you go wrong with that!! (Excellent)
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    Stormcrow, Rambler never mentioned the vendor by name. BIG PROPS to you for owning the situation publicly and I am very glad you have made it right.

Great going HammockGear.
    Um, it was posted in the Hammock Gear forum?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Um, it was posted in the Hammock Gear forum?
    That had me laughing, I was thinking of the "20* incubator" part, didn't even think of the thread location too!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast