UQG UQ, Ozark TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Ahh... customer service! +1
    <>< Matthew R. <><
    K5NON
    Bike4Heck.com
    Helotes, Texas

"Lighten Your Life And Enlighten Your Mind" -M.R.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Seriously, this is my vote for best post of 2013. Creative, concise, obtuse, impenetrable - mind boggling.
    I'm glad I could give you a chuckle.
    I need learn to not post after 16 hour days. The mental process just isn't all there by then.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Dutch Bonded Xenon
    Insulation
    Whooki/Burrow
    Suspension
    MyersTech/Becket

Update

I'm on midnights this week so when I woke up this afternoon I immediately saw that I had a voicemail and email from Adam. He went ahead and checked out dutch's site to see what size shock cord I ordered and how much it cost. He explained he was concerned because what I ordered was a little smaller and might not hold up well in the cold. I appreciate the fact that he checked into this and took the time to explain. He also said he wanted to make this right and was sorry for what happened. He offered up some freebies and said he would pay for the shock cord I ordered. I wrote back simply saying all I really want is the shock cord so I can finally use my UQ. I saved up for weeks to afford it and have waited long enough now between the time it takes to make and ship it as well as the few weeks its taken to straighten this out. I want everyone to know that Adam is trying to make this right, this situation just sucks.

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Stand up post Rambler. Important to recognize folks when they make every effort to rectify a bad situation. You will enjoy that downy goodness for sure.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Well.... Stuff happens... I would rather deal with Jenny and Adam on a situation like this than any large co... .. No offense, but you had a way to test your equipment, plenty of ways to temporarily rig it up to do a hang,.. Lash the two pieces , come on here and ask, etc..... This stuff is custom made by small shop folks.. If you are buying the best, some patience should ride along with it..jmo.. Not trying to be mean or anything...
    If you would have called their phone, you would have ended it right there..
    Do you really think any big company would have followed through so thoroughly?.. Everyone makes mistakes.. It takes a great company to admit it and over compensate to make it right....... Hope you enjoy your new gear....I know you will........Stan..
    BTW... Thanks for coming back and updating the progress
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Images
    There will always be issues at different, the important thing is how it is handled when it happens. It sounds like Adam is doing what he can to make it right again, that's what makes a good vendor in my opinion.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Not many folks would go that out of their way to try and correct and error. Adam truly wants you to be happy with your gear. That UQ is gonna keep you comfy in MN weather once you get out in it and dial it in.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    Stand up post Rambler. Important to recognize folks when they make every effort to rectify a bad situation. You will enjoy that downy goodness for sure.
    +1 on that.

HG has been the bomb.com for me and I know for a personal fact, they won't be completely satisfied until you are completely satisfied. I'm still boggleing over the fact he checked on what was coming from another vendor to insure you got what was best for your sitch. You have to admit, that's above and beyond.

Hang in there good sir. Bliss is soon coming.

Hammock
    HHDJ JUNGLE XL(2)
    Tarp
    RSBTR &amp; Superfly
    Insulation
    TQ HG20* UQ HG20*
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    +1 on that.

HG has been the bomb.com for me and I know for a personal fact, they won't be completely satisfied until you are completely satisfied. I'm still boggleing over the fact he checked on what was coming from another vendor to insure you got what was best for your sitch. You have to admit, that's above and beyond.

Hang in there good sir. Bliss is soon coming.
    Good job Rambler of getting us back in line. You will love your cover. They keep me cozy and warm from top to bottom. Pun intended.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    I'm reminded of a friend who owns a boat shop. I walked in one day and found him fumbling with some tape and plastic. It seems he had gotten resin onto a cut on his thumb and it got infected or otherwise further damaged so he went to the emergency room. They cleaned it up and sewed it up and told him to get the papers at the desk to take off at least 2 weeks from work and file for Workman's comp. When I got there we used some gauze and waterproof tape to cover the wound. As he put it, if he told himself to take two weeks off who would pay the bills. He and his wife ran the business and she did not build boats.

Point is that is the nature of cottage business's. Not much support staff and everybody busy. If "life" happens no one to back it up. It's the tradeoff for excellent quality work at a competitive price.

FWIW - as an occasional purchaser of rolls of good like rope it is usually significantly cheaper to buy a guaranteed length made up of long pieces. They all seem to do the same tape trick. Probably because then the line feeds through the spooler and counter. I suspect somebody got tired or in a hurry and missed the splice. Easy to do. Especially easy if they are using a long wire and feeding directly off the roll as no one actually handles the length of material.

Sorry you got bit. Glad Adam is right on it. It's life.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast