Hammock
    DIY - Single Layer and Clark TX-250
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    I went to order a tx-250 tonight and was studying the weights. Some of the reported weights on Clark's site don't really make any sense. As someone pointed out last night the nx-250 is lighter (3- lbs -12 oz) than the tx-250 reported weight (4 lbs-2.5 oz) with the weather shield. They should be roughly equal. Last night I attempted an explanation but I'm pretty sure it was wrong. The camo version of the tx-250 with weather shield is listed as 3 lbs-13 oz. I think thats probably the correct weight but I guess I'm going to have to call them to get it verified. I suspect that the listed weight for the tx-250 non-camo with weathershield is just incorrect. I'm a backpacker and weight is one of the primary criteria in selecting my gear.
    Last edited by litetrek; 08-14-2013 at 21:54.

The comparison chart shows the nx250 3lb 12oz and the tx250 at 3lb 6oz. I would guess with the weather shield it close to the nx250 because the tx has a extra zipper at the head end.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    Are the clark tarps seam sealed from thefactory or do you have to do that yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by litetrek View Post
    Are the clark tarps seam sealed from thefactory or do you have to do that yourself?
    Just give them a call. I called them yesterday to get the measurement between the pockets on the tx250 and their CS was excellent. You have some great questions that they can answer in just a couple of minutes.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    JRB 11' x 10' Cat
    Suspension
    Webbing+Rings
    I believe you've got to seam seal them yourself, that's based on the option to add-on seam sealer when buying the hammock/tarp.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    I came to the same conclusion based on the option to buy seam sealer. However, I don't want to waste $7.00 on something I don't need if the seams are already sealed. Calling them right now is not an option for me. I sent them an email several hours ago and I'm sure they will eventually answer it, but I'm ready to buy. If anyone knows let me know.... Thanks.

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    Quote Originally Posted by litetrek View Post
    The tx-250 show the weather shield as optional and a footnote says it adds 7.5 oz. but if you read the description carefully and note the options in the pull down menu as if you were ordering a tx-250 there is no option to add a weather shield. From what I can figure the weather shield was at one time optional and is now standard but the comparison chart hasn't been updated. That jives with hawkerevs comments that he bought the tx-250, wasnt given a choice and got the weather shield.
    Litetrek, NX250 vs.: TX250
    The way I’m reading the Clark web site is:
    If you choose the “3-Season Winterizable” category, the WeatherSheild is already sewn/attached on which makes it a Winterized (3-4 season) model.
    If you choose the plain “3-Season” Category, there is no WeatherSheild.
    The “option” is choosing either the “3-Season Winterizable” model, or the “3-Season" model.
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    There's a chart on what is included, and what is available as an option for each model and every model.

On the weather-shield, I've thought it an excellent underpriced option on some of Clark's hammocks @<$75. Sometimes its great to have it just as a sun or privacy screen. But, it is non-removable. If that is a deal-killer, due to weight and bulk, so be it. Just carry a piece of fabric and add some velcro or bra-hooks. Much less 5oz less weight. But, there are sound reasons not every option and combo is made available to customers.

Seeing how the covers and screens are fixed to Clarks I would not think of bothering anyone to change the rigging unless you are willing to pay the tailor for the fully-loaded costs of time to explain the challenges, which are much greater than altering how the netting is held up.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Hen'sy Hex, Vertex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Varies
    I bought the tax-250 last night. Thanks everyone for the help. Waiting for it to arrive!

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    I pulled the trigger for a TX-250 also yesterday, we can learn together how to mod it up...
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast