DIY HyperD 11"
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazador42587 View Post
    Yak, I have seen where a big gathered end hammock works just fine for two people and I'm willing to experiment a bit

Zigerot, that's an idea, but my wife wouldn't want fake plug plates at eye level. I might be able to make some other disguise. You went into the side of the stud? Will the stud hold torsion loads from two people in a hammock?
    I can't find it right now but I was reading a post yesterday about this. People have had 4x4's snap regularly and were recommending 4x6's or pier piling posts. Granted this was for outside hangs, and there's another post somewhere from a couple that hung their hammocks from a shelf-lookin thing that they attached to 3 or 4 studs to spread the weight. I wouldn't recommend only using a single stud for each end of the hammock though.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps for now
    Zooshooter, the shelf idea is looking better and better, just have to figure out where I'm going to put it in the room, and come up with a design that the wife approves

The post mentioned by Floridahanger that MightyMouse had a set up similar to what I am looking to do is right here... https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...t=70479&page=2

Hammock
    Dream hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Nub'a
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazador42587 View Post
    Zigerot, that's an idea, but my wife wouldn't want fake plug plates at eye level. I might be able to make some other disguise. You went into the side of the stud? Will the stud hold torsion loads from two people in a hammock?
    not the side of the stud. i drilled a hole through the stud long ways (i think it was 3/8"). threaded the set screw receiver through and locked it on both ends.

I work in a backstage theater shop and I think they are called "threaded Inserts" but we call everything different so im not sure. It is basically a metal sleeve with threads on the inside and outside. once you pass through the stud you take a nut and thread it on both sides of the insert so it locks to the stud. then you can cut the sleeve flush with the nuts and your done.
    There were some high weighted dynamic loads on those points and I never had a problem with it ripping out or over stressing the stud.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    You could try a padeye from http://www.bosunsupplies.com/stainless-steel-pad-eyes/ . they're not hidden but they look nice enough that they wouldn't have to be.
    "In your face space coyote"-HJS

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I remember a post where the guy laser cut a really nice scene on a sheet of metal and then mounted that to the wall. It was nice, but my search for it came up empty.

found it.
    here
    Last edited by gargoyle; 08-11-2013 at 14:33.

Hammock
    Sheltowee 'Jemima'
    Tarp
    JacksRBetter HUGE
    Insulation
    Burrow/integrated
    Suspension
    of course!
    Images
    First, thank you to FloridaHanger for recommending our set-up.

Take a look at my gallery to see what Duffy did for us. I don't know if it'll work for you or your wife, but I love it.

Sweet dreams!

kc -- Fulltime Hammocker, thanks to Olddog, Samsara, and Duffy!
    Real Freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization. ~ Charles Lindbergh

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps for now
    Beast, thanks, but they wife has said it needs to be disguised. I might use one of those to mount to the bottom of the shelf though.

Gargoyle, that looks like an awesome set up, but i don't know how to make that work.

MightyMouse, I love the idea and actually we are buying a house from the early 60s that apparently has other than wood walls. At least for the outside wall, I am not sure about the others yet. What did you use to mount the shelf into your walls? It doesn't look like those are the usual deck screws people mount a 2x4 spreader bar with.

Thanks again,
    Caz

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    You could always use a pad eye in the ceiling and when not in use for the hammock, hang a potted plant from it
    Debi

I bought and use the ENO mounts in two different locations in my home (living room and entry way). I am pretty OCD about the way my home looks and is presented to guests so I struggled for a little bit concerning placement of the mounts. After all was said and done, I placed the mounts very near existing art, shelves, door frames, etc. My wife was really surprised with how un-obtrusive they turned out to be. Without the hammocks attached or the atlas straps, 99.9% of my guests have no clue and are shocked when I show the hammocks setup that they didn't see the mounts. I can't speak for other mounting kits but the ENO version works great when being hidden in plain sight is a necessity. Good Luck!

Hammock
    Gt UL, 1.7 wbbb
    Tarp
    GG, monsoon,suprfl
    Insulation
    PLUQ, jarbidge, di
    Suspension
    Whoopie wb-strap
    Images

Hiding your indoor hanging hardware?

First I apologize if this has already been said. Search for 2questions wall corner mount.
    Dammfast

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast