Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images

Clark Vertex Hammock with Pictures

Well folks as the weather has warmed up a bit I have been able to get the vortex out and play with it a bit. Now before you go asking allot of questions let me say this first. I set the hammock up for the first time today until today it hasn't ever been out of the box. The place I set it up is a state park here about 3 miles from the house. The park is and continues to be closed do to the major ICE STORM that hit us in January there are widow makers everywhere you look it seems. I knew going into this park I would get run out and it didn't take long about 30 minutes into setting this up and play with it a bit the park ranger asked me nicely to leave but before he left he had to look at the hammock he has seen my others from time to time and always has nice things to say about them so it was not all bad.

okay at first glance this thing is HUGE it is the condo of all hammocks, material
    is somewhat new to me as all my other hammock do not have the mosquito proof material but I can see I am going to like any hammock made with it.

The top of it seems to be just like the other NA or NX material and the No see
    em bug net seem to be just the same but oh my god huge you talk about a room with a view.

Cannibal
    here you go
    okay this is a two person hammock so you all want to know about the two person stuff right. okay well the middle has a huge storage compartment for each one of you kind of his an hers type thing going on on the inside. And it's all right there at arms and hands reach away. Did I say this thing is HUGE I hope so cause it is that. Back to the two person stuff those of you who like to use an underquilt can now stop asking yourself this question but will it work with a underquilt YES IT WILL WORK FOR BOTH OF YOU. Each person also gets his and her out side pockets two of them one on the head end and the other on the foot end with matching material one green one black.

The head and foot end have there own Clark ropes that everyone is familiar with the way I set it up I tied both foot ends to same tree with a slippery bowlin knot and found two tree's that were I would say to far apart but like I said earlier this was a rush job to get it setup and all the lines on it and take a few pictures of it but it did make it nice to get all the lines on and set up.
    you will be able to see this in the pictures that I will post at the bottom.

When Clark started talking about this I was wondering how hard it would be to
    find three tree's in a triangle and thought to myself this would be the only
    thing tough about that. Well after doing some hiking around the last couple of
    months when I had time too I started looking much like you do when you look for a cool place to hang your hammock and I started to relize that they are all over the place god must have thought that one day someone with a cool new hammock idea would need tree's in a triangle to hang on and put them all over the place.

I even found them in TX,AR,TN,KY,AL those are the states I have been in the past couple of months so that thought is now a mute thought.

I did not have time to put the tarp up because of being run out of the park I
    thought I should not push my luck but I will set it up in the day's and weeks to come so you all can see it setup.

So that is just a brief description of the Clark Vertex and I hope you enjoy
    looking at the real life pictures of it. I will be posting more pic's soon and a
    new RELEASE OF THE VERTEX VIDEO coming to a youtube near you.

Here are the pictures that I was telling you about
    here is the link to them it's easier sometimes to do
    a group of pictures this way.

hope you like them.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cavediver2/ClarkVertex#

happy hanging

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Nice pics! Too bad you got run out of there, but better than having a tree fall on your head!
    That thing does look pretty nice. I guess I gotta start saving my quarters.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    now if the banks would let me refinance as that is the only way I could afford one!!
    thanks for the pics...next, live, paid actors!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Z-Liner
    Suspension
    SMC Ring + Rope
    Images
    That looks pretty darn cool. My wife was even curious until we saw the price but honestly it's not that high considering how much two separate hammocks would cost ya.

Might be neat to get one so my kiddo could camp with me and not feel alone off in her own hammock.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    I think that as a young child this would be the perfect set up to getting them started. yes the price was high but like others have posted for the price of two setup's and two tarps or one very large tarp this should make up for that. I will know more as I play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by photomankc View Post
    That looks pretty darn cool. My wife was even curious until we saw the price but honestly it's not that high considering how much two separate hammocks would cost ya.

Might be neat to get one so my kiddo could camp with me and not feel alone off in her own hammock.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Okay as I was setting up to grill some chops I thought that I would have time to kill so why not set it up where I won't get run. So I set it up right here at home and it is a very crude way to set it up had to use girlfriends car to tie out part of the tarp and such but potatoes are on the grill chops are on the grill and a full mug of margaretta ( top shelf ) with contruas not sure of spelling but you get the idea mixed up why not set it up so that is what I did. I have took pictures and will post them later as well and will give you more of a run down on the hammock setup later after dinner is done and dishes washed.

see you in a few.

In your browser, on the left holding this pose in real-time, for your amusement
    Hammock
    WBBBH (summer) and WBTH (3 season)
    Tarp
    Not blown away yet
    Insulation
    UQ Connoisseur
    Suspension
    Fig-9's no huggers
    Images

inquiring minds need to know!

We need some explanation of how underquilts would be used.

Pics? or can you explain how this would be achieved?

Secondly do you mind telling us how much the complete system actually
    weighs (measured real world weight)

I would love to see some pics of two people in the hammocks. How close
    are you together ? Is this something that two very heterosexual males
    could sleep comfortably in without brushing right up against each other?
    Comparable to mountaineering tents for closeness ?

Lastly could you tell us how much it costs with the weathershield option?
    Webhost: www.ehko.info

Hammock
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    okay dinner is done dishes in the dish washer and no room for desert. So I setup the Vertex the second time and and actually got the tarp setup today at home. Yes I had to use the girlfriends mirror as one tie out I didn't feel like getting steaks out to tie off too. so I used what was around me.

after taken pictures and being run off I was able to take a few more from my house so there are more pictures of it on the website from original post something like 50 or so. some of me in it some of girlfriend in it and some with no one in it.

Okay more things I learned this afternoon open's wide open no see em bugnet and weather shield all unzip to the foot end and are tucked away nicely into pockets at above the foot end.

Tarp is big enough to cover the hammock nicely but not allot of room to cook under if your both cooking and laying in hammock.

there are 8 tie outs to the tarp 3 on each side and one on each end.
    Tarp is cat cut which is a plus will keep if from flapping so much.

in the head end there are two handle pulls in which you can use to pull your self up higher in hammock if you should not have the foot end up high enough

Here is some more I learned today from the first setup

1. First setup was a rush so it really don't count but still i am going to include it with this. The tree's were to far apart for my liking, they should have been closer, about 3 - 5 feet apart or somewhere in between that would have been good how do I know this well because as you can see in the pictures at the house the banister that I used on front porch is 2' 5" inches apart and that is too close. Unless you want your partner right next too you, also it helps to spread the hammock out so you are not feeling shoulder squeeze it's not bad at that far apart but could have used more room and will the next time I set it up. Laying on your side is still very easy to do and the more curve you have the nicer it feels at least at this point in the game I am sure it will change as I play with it.

That is the one thing nice about setting it up at home first is to get all the kinks worked out of it first there before you go to the woods.

okay I have a few other questions to answer for Turk and will answer them on his reply so you will see them there.

like I said there are new pictures on the first post website go take a look and if I can I will answer you questions if I cant I will put it back up and try to answer you question again. The more I put it up and take it down the better I get I had it all up and laying in it under 18 minutes and the tarp up in 3 and that was adding all the line to it not bad for second time out.

Stay tuned more to come.

happy hanging everyone.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by turk View Post
    We need some explanation of how underquilts would be used.Turk I am sorry I don't have an underquilt but maybe I can answer it like this the hammock bed part of the body has enough material built in that you actually hang below the middle piece and it is that way all the way to the foot end where it starts to come back up. there are two main ropes for each hammock so I would assume that the underquilt would be tied off to those ropes. And the same thing done on the other side as well

Pics? or can you explain how this would be achieved?I took some pictures of some stuff in side it so that it would hang down now granted that stuff maybe weighed 4 pounds but you can see in the pictures that it hangs down just with it's weight. I would love to take pictures of a quilt on it but the only thing I have is a half quilt and I am not sure it would give same effect but maybe I will try it the next time I set it up. good question tho.

Secondly do you mind telling us how much the complete system actually
    weighs (measured real world weight)my measurements are probably a bit heavy but it weighs in at 5lbs 4oz compared to there Weight: 4 lbs 14 oz. that was with the tarp.

I would love to see some pics of two people in the hammocks. How close
    are you together ? Is this something that two very heterosexual males
    could sleep comfortably in without brushing right up against each other?most definentley like I said in the above post it is a matter of finding the right width of tree's but should be no problem finding them. My girlfriend and I laid in them togeather with no one to take picture but our butt's were touching and that is only because I didn't have enough room between where I hung the head end. I will try to take a picture soon of me and my son or someone in it togeather and further apart but I can tell you with out a doubt that it can be done.
    Comparable to mountaineering tents for closeness ?

Lastly could you tell us how much it costs with the weather shield option?
    I will let you know tomorrow for sure I had some other thing's added for my other two hammocks
    all great questions and I am glad you asked them because it made me think a litttle and made me get out my scales which I have been meaning to dig out for a month or so for another project I have going.

hope that helped a little bit anyhow. I will try to get you more answer tomorrow.

EDIT MY GIRLFRIEND SAID SHE COULD HARDLY FEEL ME MOVE OTHER THAN OUR BUTT'S TOUCHING BUT WHEN i ROLLED OVER ON MY SIDE SHE SAID IT DIDN'T MOVE LIKE SHE THOUGH IT WOULD AND WHEN I GOT OUT AND SHE STAYED IN SHE REALLY DIDN'T FEEL MUCH OF THAT EITHER.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Might just be the camera angle but it looks like a very flat lay?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast