Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images

Clark Vertex Hammock with Pictures

Well folks as the weather has warmed up a bit I have been able to get the vortex out and play with it a bit. Now before you go asking allot of questions let me say this first. I set the hammock up for the first time today until today it hasn't ever been out of the box. The place I set it up is a state park here about 3 miles from the house. The park is and continues to be closed do to the major ICE STORM that hit us in January there are widow makers everywhere you look it seems. I knew going into this park I would get run out and it didn't take long about 30 minutes into setting this up and play with it a bit the park ranger asked me nicely to leave but before he left he had to look at the hammock he has seen my others from time to time and always has nice things to say about them so it was not all bad.

okay at first glance this thing is HUGE it is the condo of all hammocks, material
    is somewhat new to me as all my other hammock do not have the mosquito proof material but I can see I am going to like any hammock made with it.

The top of it seems to be just like the other NA or NX material and the No see
    em bug net seem to be just the same but oh my god huge you talk about a room with a view.

Cannibal
    here you go
    okay this is a two person hammock so you all want to know about the two person stuff right. okay well the middle has a huge storage compartment for each one of you kind of his an hers type thing going on on the inside. And it's all right there at arms and hands reach away. Did I say this thing is HUGE I hope so cause it is that. Back to the two person stuff those of you who like to use an underquilt can now stop asking yourself this question but will it work with a underquilt YES IT WILL WORK FOR BOTH OF YOU. Each person also gets his and her out side pockets two of them one on the head end and the other on the foot end with matching material one green one black.

The head and foot end have there own Clark ropes that everyone is familiar with the way I set it up I tied both foot ends to same tree with a slippery bowlin knot and found two tree's that were I would say to far apart but like I said earlier this was a rush job to get it setup and all the lines on it and take a few pictures of it but it did make it nice to get all the lines on and set up.
    you will be able to see this in the pictures that I will post at the bottom.

When Clark started talking about this I was wondering how hard it would be to
    find three tree's in a triangle and thought to myself this would be the only
    thing tough about that. Well after doing some hiking around the last couple of
    months when I had time too I started looking much like you do when you look for a cool place to hang your hammock and I started to relize that they are all over the place god must have thought that one day someone with a cool new hammock idea would need tree's in a triangle to hang on and put them all over the place.

I even found them in TX,AR,TN,KY,AL those are the states I have been in the past couple of months so that thought is now a mute thought.

I did not have time to put the tarp up because of being run out of the park I
    thought I should not push my luck but I will set it up in the day's and weeks to come so you all can see it setup.

So that is just a brief description of the Clark Vertex and I hope you enjoy
    looking at the real life pictures of it. I will be posting more pic's soon and a
    new RELEASE OF THE VERTEX VIDEO coming to a youtube near you.

Here are the pictures that I was telling you about
    here is the link to them it's easier sometimes to do
    a group of pictures this way.

hope you like them.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cavediver2/ClarkVertex#

happy hanging

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Nice pics! Too bad you got run out of there, but better than having a tree fall on your head!
    That thing does look pretty nice. I guess I gotta start saving my quarters.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    now if the banks would let me refinance as that is the only way I could afford one!!
    thanks for the pics...next, live, paid actors!
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Z-Liner
    Suspension
    SMC Ring + Rope
    Images
    That looks pretty darn cool. My wife was even curious until we saw the price but honestly it's not that high considering how much two separate hammocks would cost ya.

Might be neat to get one so my kiddo could camp with me and not feel alone off in her own hammock.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    I think that as a young child this would be the perfect set up to getting them started. yes the price was high but like others have posted for the price of two setup's and two tarps or one very large tarp this should make up for that. I will know more as I play with it.

Quote Originally Posted by photomankc View Post
    That looks pretty darn cool. My wife was even curious until we saw the price but honestly it's not that high considering how much two separate hammocks would cost ya.

Might be neat to get one so my kiddo could camp with me and not feel alone off in her own hammock.

Hammock
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Okay as I was setting up to grill some chops I thought that I would have time to kill so why not set it up where I won't get run. So I set it up right here at home and it is a very crude way to set it up had to use girlfriends car to tie out part of the tarp and such but potatoes are on the grill chops are on the grill and a full mug of margaretta ( top shelf ) with contruas not sure of spelling but you get the idea mixed up why not set it up so that is what I did. I have took pictures and will post them later as well and will give you more of a run down on the hammock setup later after dinner is done and dishes washed.

see you in a few.

In your browser, on the left holding this pose in real-time, for your amusement
    Hammock
    WBBBH (summer) and WBTH (3 season)
    Tarp
    Not blown away yet
    Insulation
    UQ Connoisseur
    Suspension
    Fig-9's no huggers
    Images

inquiring minds need to know!

We need some explanation of how underquilts would be used.

Pics? or can you explain how this would be achieved?

Secondly do you mind telling us how much the complete system actually
    weighs (measured real world weight)

I would love to see some pics of two people in the hammocks. How close
    are you together ? Is this something that two very heterosexual males
    could sleep comfortably in without brushing right up against each other?
    Comparable to mountaineering tents for closeness ?

Lastly could you tell us how much it costs with the weathershield option?
    Webhost: www.ehko.info

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Might just be the camera angle but it looks like a very flat lay?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    Holy crud, that thing is huge! It's a freaking two man hanging tent! You would definitely have a place to store your gear high and dry if you soloed with that hammock. How does it lay in comparison to a NA?

Hammock
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    Holy crud, that thing is huge! It's a freaking two man hanging tent! You would definitely have a place to store your gear high and dry if you soloed with that hammock. How does it lay in comparison to a NA?
    so far about the same as the NA just allot bigger

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast