Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images

Thumbs up Simply Light Designs custom Streamliner review

A couple months back I bought an 11 ft Streamliner hammock from SLD and it was nice, as other folks have recently posted. I did have to adjust the ridgeline a bit shorter than usual to get a really flat lay, but once that was done it was great. ...but I like to sit in my hammock and lounge sometimes, and the cat-cuts Streamliner was not very conducive to that so I asked Jared about it and proposed a solution to this. He got right on it and had it to me in like 5 days.

So basically, I just asked him to leave the cat cut from one side and do a knotty mod, but with the shock cord all the way through one side of the hammock. The material is also 4 inches wider and this one is still 11 ft long.

I got it and I really like it! The cat cut gives you a firm back to lean back on while in the sitting position, and the knotty mod stretches so that you can sit comfortably. You can lean back really hard and not fall backwards. I really like this feature.

I also feel like that I could lay in it flatter with less shoulder squeeze than the original model. I almost fell asleep on accident, so that was a really good sign. I also seemed to get a flatter lay by using a 1 ft continuous loop in the channel without larksheading it.

It is very well made and Jared was very eager to help me and make me happy with my product. The price was also great! I would definitely recommend working with this company.

I took some photos after work a few weeks ago, but they do not show the ridgeline. Pardon the quality, as I had already killed the battery in my camera and had to take them on my phone. (doh!) I will get better pics later.These were taken on the DeSoto Scout Trail on the West Fork of Little River.

If you have any questions about it, just give me a holla. It's late and I know I left out some info somewhere. I know that I never weighed the finished model before I added suspension.
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images

photos

I had to resize 'em.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Interesting, and pretty clever solution to make this design compatible with lounging. Best of both worlds it seems.

How did you attach suspension to the continuous loop? I think I'll give this a shot on mine. While I didn't find shoulder squeeze to be a big problem, this is a great idea to try and see if it makes a difference.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG TQ,UQ, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies or rings
    Looks like a comfy rig. Just curious as to why the knotty mod had to run the entire side? Does it give more doing it that way?
    "I love not man the less, but Nature more."
    Byron

Hammock
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    [QUOTE=goobie;1064339]Interesting, and pretty clever solution to make this design compatible with lounging. Best of both worlds it seems.

Thanks! On the original streamliner I used some kammock biners and on the modified one I have Dutch biners. You could use anything like that. Also that didn't affect shoulder squeeze as much as getting a flatter lay. I did not mean to imply that (it was late)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountnman View Post
    Looks like a comfy rig. Just curious as to why the knotty mod had to run the entire side? Does it give more doing it that way?
    I dig it. It did not really have to, and I have noticed no real improvement over a normal knotty mod, but I would have to try them side by side to really tell. That is one thing that I would have changed. I am pretty sure that he would make me one like that if I asked him. hmmmmm... I may do that when he gets some lighter weight material in.

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    New River & Owyhee
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Definitely interesting with the mod you had done.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    This photo shows how I rigged it with continuous loops and how the cat cut supports you when you lean back for lounging.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    I think I'll give this a try with a soft shackle, I don't have any biners....yet.

The way the cat cut edge tightens up does add quite a bit of back support, no biting into the back of your legs with this mod, way to go!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG TQ,UQ, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies or rings
    [QUOTE=halfastronomical;1064741]
    Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    Interesting, and pretty clever solution to make this design compatible with lounging. Best of both worlds it seems.

Thanks! On the original streamliner I used some kammock biners and on the modified one I have Dutch biners. You could use anything like that. Also that didn't affect shoulder squeeze as much as getting a flatter lay. I did not mean to imply that (it was late)

I dig it. It did not really have to, and I have noticed no real improvement over a normal knotty mod, but I would have to try them side by side to really tell. That is one thing that I would have changed. I am pretty sure that he would make me one like that if I asked him. hmmmmm... I may do that when he gets some lighter weight material in.
    I like it as well, just checking to see if it made a difference. I am going to try this on my next hammock
    "I love not man the less, but Nature more."
    Byron

Hammock
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    I had another, lighter one made by SLD and I love it. This one is going up on the for sale thread in just a moment...

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast