Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Would I be correct in assuming your new one has the same feature?? If not, what have you changed?

I had Jared make me an 11' out of Dutch's Argon 1.6, woodland camo for this one. While he was at it I had him make a peak bag with shock cord bottom closure, ridgeline organizer with 2 small and 1 large pocket, and slightly larger double ended stuff sack to make sure there's room for my Fronkey style bugnet ......all from the same fabric I'll post pics when I get a chance to get out in it again, needless to say I'm lovin the Argon

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    It just had different fabric. All the same features. Your rig sounds nice! Jared is great to work with. I will be hitting him up again in the future.
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

This looks like an interesting design. I'm trying to figure out what you did here. Is it only cat cut on one side, and knotty modded on the other? Or cat cut on both sides and knotty'd on one? I don't even know if knotty works with cat cuts. Looks interesting though.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    The standard Streamliner is cat cut on both sides, as well as the ends. A few were made, at customers' request with one side left uncut, usually for lounging. Photo #6 of halfstronomical's second post shows this. You can see the "full" side to the back and the cat cut side is in front.

I really like the SL design, no fabric wall and an easy to find "sweet spot" . With the exception of an attached bugnet hammock I got last summer I haven't been in a traditional gathered end since my first hang in a SL. For around $50 these days you wouldn't be out much, relatively speaking, if you don't like it.

Ok cool. So knotty isn't helpful on a regular SL? And other than adding loungeability what impact on performance would one side not being cat cut add?

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    No need for it. The knotty mod tames that wall of fabric, which isn't there on the SL. I've never been in this type, so I don't know how it affects performance. You're only getting half the benefit of the design is all I can say. You might get on more of a diagonal with the custom. I don't see how that would add much, if any, to the comfort.

Interesting. Wish I'd known about this before ordering my Streamliner. I'm curious if you sleep with your head or your feet at the end w/ Knotty Mod?

Streamrunner? Treeliner?

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    I like Treeliner. I've learned to love my original 'Liner', but I have to hang it lower because otherwise its a pain (literally) to get out of.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Just came across this thread, since I've had a Streamliner for a couple years (and other SLD gear). I know that same feeling of swinging the legs out of the hammock and not being the most comfortable.

Since the last post is from over a year ago, I wonder what your long term impressions are of the knotty mod/cat cut version?

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DIY FLYING BUTTREST Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Leaves/Luck/DIY
    Insulation
    UnluckyGeese of HG
    Suspension
    Whoopiedyne Vines
    Images
    Hello. I no longer have the streamliner. I did like it for sure. I had to sleep at a slightly different angle than most other hammocks. I made a couple of "copies" of this design and I still use them, but mostly for relaxing not sleeping. I still think this is a worthy design.
    Trail information, photos, waterfalls and vistas on the DeSoto Scout Trail facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/desoto.trai.../photos_albums

Soon I'll lose these rags and run, Returning to the wild where I'm from. -Chris Whitley

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast