Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG TQ,UQ, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies or rings
    I was apprehensive to reply, but what the heck! I feel over the past 5 months that Hammock Forums has started seeming like some of the old forums I was a member on and left due to the attitude and argumentative attitude of many. A steady stream of newer members that doesn't seem to understand or get the great camaraderie and positive attitude that made me want to join and become a donating member. I may be reprimanded for my thoughts but I am on the line of wanting to bow out for a while in hopes that we can get a lot of the unfriendly and down right negative attitude IMO under control. I feel like less of the senior members have been posting as much and I really value the knowledge of these members. I have developed many great friends on this forum and have learned so much and it has always been a light hearted friendly environment. I love this forum and do not want it to change. My thought is if you don't like it, leave, it may not be for you. This is not white blaze or many of the other forums I have no interest in being a part of. My .02 cents
    "I love not man the less, but Nature more."
    Byron

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UL and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountnman View Post
    My thought is if you don't like it, leave, it may not be for you.
    Just because you voice your opinion about the forum, on a subject you think will make it better, doesn't mean you do not like the forum. The adage that if it ain't broke don't fix it is bull, in my opinion. I live my life looking for ways to improve myself, my family and my job. Maybe your comment wasn't pointed at those of us who want this feature, but it sure seems like it was.

I have been here for a few years now, and no I do not post a lot. But I do read a lot of the post here. I look to absorb the information provided by those with the knowledge and experience I wish to have. But sometimes, it is my opinion, it hard to wade through the post with all of the replies that add little value to the post other than showing that they like the post. If you are under the belief that a +1 system will damage or destroy the forum, well we already have it... it is thread count. All that really is being suggested is that we move that to a like mechanism so that it is easier to read post. It looks like we are at oppositions and i am okay with that... I by no means hate or dislike anything about HF. If I did I wouldn't be checking here daily.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    This seems like a good place to end the conversation, since the feedback has turned to commenting on other poster's opinions rather than the subject at hand.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234