AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    Oy Vey!

We're all the time taking a passeo down the camino to have us a palaver over a plate of carne asada, why should it be meshuggeneh for us to be speaking a bit of yiddish?

Golly.

I'm verklempt.
    That was awesome! Got a good laugh out of me!
    Higbean-- Hope your issue gets sorted out to your satisfaction.

Senior Member mountain_man_mike's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY CLIMASHIELD UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs & whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by richtorfla View Post
    That was awesome! Got a good laugh out of me!
    Higbean-- Hope your issue gets sorted out to your satisfaction.
    +1 to that sediment
    Happy Trails to one and all.
    Enjoy the outdoors wisely and elevate your perspective.

Modified Penny Wood Stove instructional Video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fPlHqsYy38

Hammock Wheel https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...09#post1035609

Another Really cool JC Penny Puffer instructional- https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...141#post953141

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Well, it's good to see this thread has veered away from the original "inappropriate customer complaint" "that we all shouldn't be subjected to" and back to being all about hammocks as HF intends.

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinfan View Post
    I totally agree. well said
    Sorry...I do not agree. I think it's perfect and this info needs to be given to future customers, as long as it's done in a respectful way.

BF

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot2 View Post
    Sorry...I do not agree. I think it's perfect and this info needs to be given to future customers, as long as it's done in a respectful way.

BF
    there has been input from a mod, there isn't really any question about where it falls with forum policy.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Banned
    Well, looks like things are going to work out. I got an email with a tracking number. They sent it two day air which is very appreciated. Should be here tomorrow. I'll update when I get it.

I've got to say, I'm a bit surprised that some of you guys think hammock vendors walk on water. I would be absolutely PI$$ED OFF if I had problems with a vendor and later found out everyone knew about it but the Mods squashed it! Let the chips lay where they fall fellas.

Also, I'd like to thank some of the nice folks for the supportive private messages and the few who offered to loan me a hammock for my trip. Definitely some great people around here who don't have their head in the sand. Thanks guys!

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Higbean View Post
    I've got to say, I'm a bit surprised that some of you guys think hammock vendors walk on water. I would be absolutely PI$$ED OFF if I had problems with a vendor and later found out everyone knew about it but the Mods squashed it! Let the chips lay where they fall fellas.
    It has nothing to do with thinking too highly of vendors. And 'the mods' haven't squashed anything resembling reasonable feedback, whether positive or negative.

But this thread, largely, had nothing to do with feedback. This was you using the forum to try to get in touch with a vendor, when you should have contacted them directly via their own communication channels.

After you worked through the transaction with them, that's when it would have been appropriate to post here with the feedback. You could have said that they were slow to respond to messages, but that they did eventually fill the order. That's useful feedback, and it seems to be what happened.

But while a transaction is still in progress....it's too early to post feedback, because the whole story hasn't unfolded, and it just invites speculation....like this thread has.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123